What do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by millertime021, Apr 27, 2010.

1. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

So I just received my MBP about a week ago.

This is my first true Mac I've bought and owned myself.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on Freeware that is helpful to add to the Mac experience.

Yes I saw the lists at the top of the forum, but I was looking for any personal suggestions you recommend.

Thanks! :cool:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What's wrong with the stickies? You're just going to get a bunch of repeats in replies to this thread. It's also helpful to start with "I need a program that does such-and-such" and go from there, as what person A recommends might not be necessary for person B. Very few apps are "universal" and the ones that are useful to the majority of users are listed in the sticky.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I recommend searching the forum with MRoogle to find answers to most of your questions.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What a nice welcome to the Mac community by the moderator wannabes. :rolleyes:

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The first thing that is installed on my of my Macs is iStat Menus. Second to that comes Better Touch Tool if the mac is using the magic mouse.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not moderator wannabes. :rolleyes: Those who are new to the forum don't know about MRoogle, or the fact that most topics have already been discussed ad nauseam in dozens of threads. By pointing new posters to the search tool, they not only find the answer they're looking for now; they also know how to find answers to future questions. No one scolded or threatened the OP or even mentioned that searching is part of the forum rules.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Meet another wannabe, two years ago:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?&p=6758761

Poor newbie.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. millertime021 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Nothing is wrong with them. I was just looking for basic stuff out there that people REALLY liked. It may or may not work for me, but its just good to see whats out there and to get a review from someone other than the company.

I know about searching and I've been around since November (didn't actually sign up till Jan).

Oh well I guess, back to MRoogle.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns