what do you sugest i jailbreak my 16g ipod touch with

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cowsrus, Mar 17, 2008.

1. cowsrus macrumors 6502

i want to jailbreak my 16g touch firmware version 1.1.3 but i can not have anything go wrong or i will be in a lot of trouble

my friend has jail broken his 8g touch firmware version 1.1.1 with jailbreakme.com but around this site i havent seen anything really about that site here

please post here if you have jail broken a touch (preferably a 16g if that makes a diference)

i am mostly intrested in games like instaling the ps2 and guitar hero applications

2. rakesh macrumors newbie

i will suggest ipodtouch master for 1.1.4 16gig
    you can use this link
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99003596/moddedziphone.zip to download software
    preety simple
    after extracting the files on desktop, close itunes, put your ipod connected to pc, put in never sleep mode, and run jailbreak program
    takes about 45 sec or so
    i suggest to restore your touch before actual jail break but not totally necesssary

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

modded ziphone? thats not ipodtouchmaster's way, his 1.1.4 method is via installer, I wouldn't trust a link from rapidshare when the program has an official site http://ziphone.com.

as for ps2 there is no iphone emulater, there is however an emulator for, nes, snes and ps1. tap tap is also available.

not sure if you can go from a jailbroken 1.1.3 to a jailbroken 1.1.4, I had to go from 1.1.2 to get to 1.1.4 via ipodtouchmaster installer repository.

I have a lil guide here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5075026&postcount=2

after you have followed that, add http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml to sources in installer.

when that has been added and sources refresh, go to install and scroll down to mobile jailbreak and choose 1.1.4 soft jailbreak+apps confirm to install, read all the popup boxes and click ok on them, then leave the ipod for about 45 mins. If your ipod hasn't already rebooted by itself then force a reboot by holding home and the sleep/awake button till the ipod goes off then power the ipod back on as normal, ipod will look like its frozen for a min but soon enough you will be presented with the slide to unlock screen, unlock and wala your set with all the default applications including wiggly icons etc and now your free to install all the custom apps available

4. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

ok thanx 4 the help so should i uprgade to 1.1.4 first

also can i stil use itunes after i jailbreak?

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

well u can jailbreak with ziphone from 1.1.4 but I experienced freezing problems with keyboard and a couple other things. But if you are lookin at my guide you have to go back to 1.1.1

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Use Ziphone 2.6b for 1.1.4!

It's super easy, and works great. Do a fresh restore, set-up your touch as a new ipod, and then use Ziphone. As soon as it's done, go on installer and see if you have the keyboard freezing problem. If it doesn't freeze, your set. If it does, restore and run Ziphone again. I did multiple jailbreaks, and got the freezing problem once.

I've heard good things about the new iJailbreak, but I'm partial to Ziphone.

7. jbarr macrumors regular

While I'm certainly no expert, and i have an 8GB, not 16GB, once I upgraded cleanly to v1.1.4, using ZiPhone to Jailbreak was a snap. I did have to apply some tweaks, but I had access in under a minute.

8. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

does any1 hav a link for Ziphone 2.6b for 1.1.4

like the official ziphone link?

9. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

10. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

www.ziphone.org

go there and there is a link to download the 2.6b

It worked amazingly for me!!

11. frikkyco macrumors member

ziPhone with apps?

I've got a 16gb IPT and purchased Apple's January update with mail, maps, stocks and weather. I tried ziPhone's new 2.6, looks great and simple, but after it said it was done (about 45 seconds as advertised), my IPT was stuck on the screen with the usb cable on it (sorry, forgot what that's called). I did a full restore because iTunes no longer recognized the iPod. Is there something I need to do to make it work with the purchased apps? Can someone point me with a link as to the exact way I should be using ziPhone and if it works with the added apps? Thanks everyone!

12. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

After downloading ziphone:

Click "Advanced Options"
    Click "Clear NVRAM" - This will take 30 seconds max
    Then choose the iPod Touch specific Jailbreak

Hope that helps

13. gelatin macrumors 6502

ive just jailbroken my 1.1.4 and managed to install a few apps but now whatever i try it just says package download failed :confused:
    whats going on?

14. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

so any ideas why my itunes wont let me install 1.1.4

its really weird so is there anything i can use with a 1.1.3

15. pete44444444 macrumors member

If u want to jailbreak your ipod use ziphone.

Step 1. Download the jailbreak software from ziphone.org

Step 2. Unzip and and run the program. It is not a virus.

Step 3. Plug in your ipod to the computer.

Step 4. Click the button "jailbreak ipod touch"

Step 5. Wait till your ipod boots back up and a bunch of words come up. Keep pressing the button "jailbreak ipod touch" until the ipod shuts off. AS SOON as this happens unplug the ipod the ipod from the computer. Your ipod should be jailbroken!

note:when the words come up, if it gets stuck on bsd root error major2 minor 0 calm down it is not broken. On youtube, there are many videos that show you how to fix this.

16. pete44444444 macrumors member

restore ur ipod then try 1.1.4

make shure u have an intenet conection
    sory about mispelled words. im in a hurry:):apple:

17. frikkyco macrumors member

Hey ipodtoucher!

Thanks for the tip on using ziphone. Worked like a charm! I couldn't find anywhere telling which order to do things, so thank you very much!