what do you think about Apple seeing our comments and feedback here?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by inboxami, Jul 26, 2013.

1. inboxami, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

inboxami macrumors newbie

I wonder if you think that Apple dev team tends to take a look at our comments or feedback in this forum. I think they can be very useful.

best regards!

Edit: thanks for changing title.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

As I understand it, Apple employees are banned (by apple) from participating in these forums.

While they might, if you want apple to hear about something send feedback directly to apple.

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

If you're running the beta, you should be using the mechanism that Apple gives you for reporting bugs and requesting enhancements.

There is a forum on the AppleSeed site, and Apple staff don't (seem to) respond on it.

Technically, providing non-public info about the beta here is breaching the agreement. ;)

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Agree with the 2 previous posters. This is a forum to "escape" Apple scrutiny, not be noticed by Apple.

So not a chance. They may and probably are on and/or monitoring the AppleSeed forum. If you want something to be know or noticed then you should post there.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'm sure some Apple employees read the site for fun on their spare time, if only to be amused by the oftentimes stupid speculation.

6. mikecwest, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013

mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I wonder if any Apple employees READ these type of forums, however do no offer any input into the forums.

I also wonder, about those non-developers, who acquired Mavericks in a dark alley somewhere. Would they NOT be bound by NDA agreements, because they technically were not part of the agreements?

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Maybe some do. If I was working 80+ hour weeks on iOS 7 or Mavericks I don't know if I'd want to read anonymous and often non-constructive criticism of my work. I'd be much more likely to read some well considered and well written blogs by writers who sign their real names.

8. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

How can you be bound by an agreement you did not sign?

9. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

Im not sure, is it in the EULA when you first install Mavericks? I read just about as much of the EULA as most others. :)

10. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

If you agree to the Terms & Conditions when downloading then you have signed and are bound by the agreement. If one is foolish enough to NOT read T&Cs...well then they have just ilustrated how not to do things.

If one downloaded an illegal copy well then, then you're just a thief.

11. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

The question I had in my mind, is whether those "thief's" are or should be bound by the NDA?

12. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

They don't care. They get plenty if feedback from Developers and Appleseed members and the signal to noise ratio is quite low here.

13. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

This is quite interesting, as EULAs and T&Cs are not backed by the law as strongly in most EU countries, as they are in the USA or some other countries.

So Apple could terminate the agreement/service of a customer who violates the T&C, but as the customer has not signed an agreement (clicking Accept on an EULA or T&C does not constitute as a signature) I'm not sure if there would be a legally bounding NDA between the parties.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of related laws and precedents could provide better info on this. I'm only aware of some precedents, one example being a German courts ruling, that Microsoft EULAs, not being legally binding contracts, can't restrict the right of a customer to resell legally obtained OEM software.