What do you think about my website that I've just created?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ivaylo33, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ivaylo33 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone !
    Please review agmrenovations.com. I've just set up my new website and wanted to hear your opinion about it.
    Thanks

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

What struck me first is the copy. There is some word spacing inconsistencies (1 and 2 spaces), as well as a few typos and awkward grammar. If the client supplied the copy, you might want to suggest that an editor give it a once-over to avoid turning off potential "high-end clientelle". Not that the wealthy are spelling snobs, but you know what I mean.

Secondly is the fade-in type and respelling of A G M on every page refresh. That will get old.

What I do like is that you've kept the copy blocks small, clean, and you have some strong images featured.

BTW: I had a rare Safari 4 crash looking at your site. Do you have any unnecessary java code embedded in there?

EDIT: Actually, I've crashed four times opening the Painting link on the left side navigation, from the contact page. I'd try Firefix to replicate, but I'm afraid my pillow calls too sweetly right now.

Oh, hey. I'm in Toronto too. Wish I could afford a contractor right now...

3. torndownunit macrumors regular

I tried to take a look this morning, but I keep getting connection errors at the address. Will try again later.

I am near Toronto as well.

EDIT: just got on

I agree that the Flash banner shouldn't load on every page. There is no need for that after the index page. I also don't like the pulsing 'materials on sale' Flash. Both are just Flash for the sake of Flash (in my opinion) and are annoying.

Not only am I seeing the font issue mentioned above, but there are also different sized fonts on different pages, and a mix of serif and san-serif fonts on different pages. I'd pick a size, and probably stick with san-serif as the serif fonts don't look right.

The images on the carpet installation page need formatted better with the text.

Viewing in Camino, you main menu doesn't seem to be spaced properly. There is a much larger gap below it than above it.

I am not having any of the crashing problems brad.c mentioned.

4. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

In some places the white text is small enough that it is hard to read on the gray background. Bump it up a point size or two? :eek: