what do you think about the my sites?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by amigo, Oct 22, 2007.

1. amigo macrumors newbie

Hey guys =)

I want to get a fair and simple comment about my sites..

Do you like them? what should I improve and so on =)

http://adsense-exposure.blogspot.com

http://inside-apple.blogspot.com

I know this thread has nothing to do with anything, so sorry bout that..

But it will really help me if you let me know what you think!!!

Thankssss!!

Amigo =)

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Adsense page:
    • At the very bottom there is a red link that felt like it poked me in the eye when I looked at it. You definitely need to change that red.
    • Also, the Google ad appears right in the middle of one of your list in your posting. Very bad in my opinion, though I only noticed after I turned off AdBlock.
    • The page could use a dab more color.
    • Body content font could be larger.
    Inside-apple page:
    • At the top in the header, the orange text is hard to read until the bottom where the green is darker.
    • The Google ads on the left is using black text on red background, which is hideous. Not sure what control you have over that.
    • The navigation area in the upper-left is very hard to read, and honestly I thought it was some ad or something. It felt detached from the page.
    • For the text in the body, I would add some line-height and maybe a larger font.
    • The page needs more white space in various areas.
    • The "Find" is kind of hard to ... find.
    • The space between the right of the text and the border seems disproportionate.

I know I said a bit, but it's all very small stuff that wouldn't take long to fix. I did like the color-scheme on the first page, though lacking some color. The second page I wasn't so excited about.