What do you think about the rumored 12" MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by egy195, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egy195 macrumors regular

apple is rumored to introduce a new 12inch macbook with retina display this summer and i really can't wait !
    it's supposed to be even lighter than the current MBA with no fan system and no mechanical button, don't really know how would they do it but okay :cool:
    so what do you think about this new laptop ?
    will it replace the current 11&13 models ?

2. dlubis macrumors member

dlubis

3. koerk macrumors regular

koerk

I really wonder how the no-fan system is supposed to work. Even though the MBA is not a powerhouse, I can and do convert videos here and there and the fans kick in quite heavily. How is this supposed to work?

4. Cole Carrera macrumors newbie

I suspect the 11s and 13s will not be discontinued immediately.

Probably the hdpi 12 will be the same price as the 13 or higher so as to increase average selling price as TC's great modernization of consumer preference marches on.

Old version stays, new version raises the price. Count on software and services to keep it obvious.

This pattern is probably unsustainable.

You're supposed to capitalize it

5. ha1o2surfer macrumors 6502

They could be using the new Quad Core Atom which wouldn't require a fan. It might be a little slow for OSX but it runs Windows 8 like a dream and would get 24+ hours of usable battery life if used with the current air battery.

6. Mac32 macrumors 65816

Very sceptical about the rumoured no fan-design. I'd rather have a silent running fan, and a more powerful CPU. I would consider that a no-brainer actually. Not to mention, a little bit of fan noise is preferable, if I can have a cool-running notebook that's comfortable to use.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.