What do you think about this monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by santiago.r, Jan 29, 2009.

1. santiago.r macrumors newbie

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's a good monitor, as an alternative, I would suggest the Dell 2408WFP.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I prefer the ACD 23" or 30" they are both awesome. I'm using my 32" and 40" Sony Bravia LCD on a regular basis, and switch to cable TV when I can...:cool:

4. m85476585 macrumors 65816

The Samsung LCD has a viewing angle of 160 degrees, which means that it is a TN panel. The Dell 2408WFP has a viewing angle of 178 degrees, which means it is a MVA, PVA, or IPS panel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD#TN
    The slight difference in viewing angle probably won't make any difference to you, but it is the most reliable indicator of panel type. In general, MVA, PVA, and IPS panels are better than TN panels. The Samsung is quite a bit cheaper than the Dell, but you get what you pay for. The Samsung will most likely still be better than cheaper TN panels. ($150-$200 monitors).

The Dell has a DisplayPort built in, but good luck finding a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter or cable (I don't think they exist yet). You can still use DVI for either monitor, but you will need the Apple Displayport to DVI adapter.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's MVA.

6. santiago.r thread starter macrumors newbie

None of the monitors you suggested can be found down here where I live, in Argentina.

I guess im just gonna go for the Samsung. Unless someone tells me:
    -DON´T DO IT-

Thanks everyone

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Oh well I guess I should have asked.

8. santiago.r thread starter macrumors newbie

That´s fine man don´t worry. I should have told you this country sucks! Hahah.

Thanks everyone again :D

9. cerealj macrumors member

Yeah I'm using rhe T240 and I like it. My roommate has the Dell 2408 and it's really nice too. The 2408 is indeed better, but the T240 looks almost as good and is substantially cheaper.