What do you think Apple Execs do all day at work?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by prizm, Apr 14, 2017.

1. prizm, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017

prizm macrumors member

I'm curious what the consensus is. Do they look at spreadsheets projected on a conference room wall that chart how much money they made that day? Are they picking out furniture for the new campus? Discuss where to open the next store in China? Do they leave the office about 2 each day for a massage?

I ask because Apple hardly releases new products. Years and years pass between some product line updates. Are they just rich guys with little ambition left? Compared to the projects that companies like Google work on, it would appear Apple is fairly complacent with income from a couple of products. What do you think?

2. carlgo macrumors 68000

3. Bubble99 macrumors 6502

It is easier for google when they are software and not into hardware like Apple. Apple does both software, OS and hardware.

Google is more service where Apple is more product. It lot harder and take more time when your company does product.

It is easier for companies to be more into service than a product.

4. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

I'd guess that they spend their mornings sipping lattes in the lobby starbucks, and afternoons in their corner offices eating bon-bons with Peg Bundy - while looking at all of the Apple employees stuck in the horrific traffic jams that Apple has created on I-280.

You can't dispute that by saying "look at all of the innovation"....

Peg Bundy eating bon-bons - NSFW

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Sure probably an accurate description of what they do.:rolleyes:

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

lol.... they can't be that board...

7. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Ah well, gives new meaning to Board of Directors…
    ;)

8. weup togo macrumors regular

Meetings. Nothing but meetings, all day, every day.

9. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

--- Post Merged, Apr 19, 2017 ---
    "Look busy"...said one employee to another..."maybe we can fix an application that is not broken"

10. Bart Kela Suspended

Bart Kela

Let's see now...

Round of golf in the morning, lunch at the private country club. Maybe swing by the office to pick up packages from Amazon, surf the 'net to research their next vacation, meet with their financial advisors to strategize on how to diversify their portfolios when their RSUs vest, get the Mercedes-Benz detailed or work out at the gym, go home and change so they can get to the Sharks/Warriors/Giants game (club level, of course).

Stuff like that.

Oh, and the massage thing is probably thrown in there somewhere too. Good call on that one.

:D

11. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

They attend several meetings a day hosted by Tim on diversity, acceptance and bathrooms.

12. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Discussing between them what other people do all day.

13. TechnProg macrumors newbie

TechnProg

Meetings about fixing their PR problems to which their answer is of course, more meetings!

14. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

This thread should be a poll.

Hence I answered B) They eat tacos (all day long).

15. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I think they work and from what i've heard, they are alway present at Apple HQ.

16. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Tim gets there pretty early. Got to spend some time at HQ a few years back for training, and he walks in the front door just like everyone else. Can't speak for the execs, but lots of the mid level people work insane hours (70+).

17. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

The Apple execs are signing "I'm like a bird - I wanna fly away ..." as song Nelly Furtado and then realise they can't get anywhere because of .... Windows!!!! Their new headquarters isn't helping them get anything done. After it's been grown in you'll spot Tim and crew stare out into the great wide open.

Some might argue that this isn't true at all and that each employee of Apple is working hard on bringing us - we the people - a brighter future. With new Mac products and also iOS products that will someday make Tim skrub toilets on Apple Circular Motion Campus. Beep beep ..