what do you think?? confused

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ankitsid, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ankitsid macrumors member

alright so i guess i can kind of start this off in a some what bad way

do you think the Alu Macbooks will get a speed bump or what ever at mwsf '09??

also i do a lot of photoshop work and some light video editing..and a lot of djing
    do you think the base 2.0 with ram upgrade can handle a lot
    i will usually have a dj program open with a couple browsers, chat, and some downloading going on
    will the 2.0 ghz macbook be able to handle all of this or is that ".4 ghz" upgrade not worth it

the last thing i need is a computer that will lag while in the middle of a party or somthing :eek:

advice??
    this would be my first mac..im still on my like 5 year old Vaio desktop..it could be worse i guess

thanks in advance

2. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

3. paolo- macrumors 6502a

I'm in a similar situation as you and I can't seem to find good benchmarks, xbench seems to mark the new 2.0 higher than the old 2.4s wich in my opinion could have done all of that quite well.

I guess it all depends on how intense you are with your djing and photoshoping... Also, with SnowLeopard just around the bend the os should be able to take advantage of the GPU's power for any CPU intensive task.

4. tkiss macrumors regular

Ok, this is what ive heard. CPU speed is becoming less and less of a real judge of a computer's power. The upgrade of video cards and the switch to DDR3 memory makes up for it, if not more. I.e., its not all about CPU speed.

5. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

macworld is in january right?
    if i were to get this laptop it would probably end up being late november or late december anyways

so the wait might end up being a good idea
    this is my first mac so idk much
    is snow leopard going to be a huge thing or like what is it?
    also photoshop wont be super intensive often and the djing that over time will get more intensive as i learn and grow as a dj

6. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

7. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

We don't know how big a deal snow leopard will be yet. It seems to be mainly focused on stability and performance improvements in the OS.

Apple is not likely to update the macbooks again for another 6-8 months and by most accounts so far, the new 2.0 is a pretty fast machine. Regardless, it should be faster than the VAIO you are currently using.