What do you think is the best band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Bram.96, Aug 22, 2015.

?

Best apple watch band

1. Sport band

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Classic buckle

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Milanese loop

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Leather loop

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Modern buckle

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Link bracelet

28 vote(s)
    31.8%
  7. Other (3rd party)

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Bram.96 macrumors member

Bram.96

As said in the title, what do you think is the best Apple Watch band looking at build quality, price, etc. Just interested in what everyone thinks. Mine's the black classic buckle, build really well and can be worn at many occasions.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think its a personal preference thing. Best for me, may not be best for you. With that said, I like the sport bands. I have not tried or bought any other bands so I guess for me, its the sports band.

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Just my opinion since that's what you are asking, for me it's the Stainless Steel Link Bracelet. Well built for the money you pay, looks and feels great.

Some of the Swiss Made bracelets I own are of higher quality but also cost more.

I might end up buying a leather strap with classic buckle one day

4. i1280 macrumors regular

i1280

For me, I like more of the 90s grunge. Pearl Jam is probably my favorite...;)

5. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Your Funny :)

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I like the leather and Milanese loops. Simple reason is that you can get an exact/perfect fit.

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

If I could get a bracelet that feels as nice as the one on my Rado, I'd be stoked.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440291248.208097.jpg

8. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

Originally voted leather loop as it's far & away my favourite & what I always use, however as you've mentioned price in your criteria - the only realistic answer can be the sport band.........

It's comfortable, looks good & is the only 'official' band which isn't ridiculously priced!

9. broadbean macrumors 6502a

If I understand the question correctly - which of Apple's standard Watch Bands are on average the best? My pick is the Milanese Loop. You did include "Other (3rd Party)", so that's really confusing!

Sport Band - Fantastic material (never heard of it until Apple announced it), my goto for a dip in the pool
    Classic Buckle - Not my fave because it costs the same as the Milanese Loop and Leather Loop, but nice and soft
    Milanese Loop - For the money, this is the most interesting and exquisite - a real bargain despite cheap clones
    Leather Loop - Got a fake one of these, really nice design but compared to the Milanese Loop, poor value
    Modern Buckle - Interesting design, but not for me
    Link Bracelet - bit too heavy and pricey for me

10. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The Milanese Loop does look better in photos than the real thing. The link bracelet, although expensive (in terms of comparison with the price of the watch itself), seems to be THE watch band for the stainless steel watch.

11. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

As mentioned, this is just an opinion, but I have the sport band, the Leather loop and the Milanese loop and The leather loop is a great everyday band. I find it to be extremely comfortable. I love my ML for dressing the watch up though and the sport band for athletics.

12. batristain, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

I own the OEM Link and Milanese Loop. I was wearing the link bracelet all the time and it's my go to band for going out BUT my wrist are so small even with 8 links removed from the 38 MM it still slides around. I purchased a knock off sports band in white and found it so comfortable that I got a black one too - I wear these all the time and now only switch to the link when I'm really dressing up to go out.

27 Sept 2015 - I took my link band to have the local jeweler remove two more links for me - he was able to do it after a couple weeks of research. I picked it up yesterday and now I think I will be wearing my link band all the time. It finally fits great and is comfortable. I still want the new midnight blue sports band when I want to change things up.....

13. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

For the ones that I own link band, sport band then leather loop. It's not that I don't like the leather loop it's just honestly the link and sport cover my needs so well I don't really worry about anything else. SS + blue LL really did look sweet to me though.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My number one is my Bohemian leather loop. I find the LL style the most comfortable, and this one has such a unique style that it attracts more attention than the watch does. (Plus it matches all my clothes.) Coming in close behind is the black Milanese. Equally comfortable, but much dressier.

15. Ctguy macrumors member

Millanese loop is the one band rule them all. I wear it everywhere, work,play, exercise.

I also have black classic buckle, white sport band, and few third party bands.

16. bigup macrumors member

At work at my desk all day in front of my laptop I wear sports as it won't scratch.

At home or out for the day then the leather loop for me.

17. limatime42 macrumors member

limatime42

Leather loop for me. It's just such a neat innovative design and very comfortable. I tried the Link Bracelet but it was too light for my tastes, and I was constantly worrying that the removable links would fail.