What do YOU think is the best twitter app for iPhone 4S ??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gorgeousmiss, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gorgeousmiss, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

gorgeousmiss macrumors newbie

gorgeousmiss

Sorry I dunno if this question has been resolved on here BUT I'm new and would like to get some answers. Thank You. :)

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

are there twitter apps specifically for the 4s?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The term "the best" is subjective to the one giving the answer. It's more of a consensus of a majority opinion you seek.

Either way, I use the basic Twitter app. I also have Tweetdeck, but rarely use it.

4. gorgeousmiss thread starter macrumors newbie

gorgeousmiss

No clue. That's just the phone I got, I know it came with a built-in twitter app so I dunno if I should use that or download an app ? If there's something better out there.

----------

I agree.. I should rephrase that then..

5. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Twitterrific, Tweetbot and Echofon are all good alternatives. Best one though is the official twitter app I think.

6. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

there is no built in twitter app. twitter is native in the fact that you can tweet pictures, links, etc. directly from photo albums, safari, etc. you still need an app to get a twitter feed. i too like the standard app from twitter. the only time i use tweet deck is if i want to post to twitter and Facebook simultaneously.

7. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I don't see how anyone can prefer the official 'twitter' app over Echofon (or a few of the others).

Deleting tweets you send early can be a chore in the official app. And you can't retweet with a comment. Just silly to leave these things out. Made the app unusable for me and I went right back to echofon.

8. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Tweetbot

I love the design and intense attention to details.. in Tweetbot.

I've used all of them I think, at least most of them. Tweetbot is my favorite in every way.

On the iPad however, I think the actual free Twitter app is my favorite. I love the sliding panels!

JP

9. denness544 macrumors member

10. tj2001 macrumors regular

+1 Tweetbot

Tweetbot is the standard for a twitter app and no other has compared to it! The multi gestures and sleek UI make Tweetbot, bar none, fantastic!

Without a doubt I and the previous responses can all probably agree that Tweetbot is well worth the purchase ten fold!!! Oh, and the developers are very responsive and keep the app updated (that's the icing)!

11. seraveegn003 macrumors newbie

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

13. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Just DL'ed Tweetbot that is one sweet App well worth the $2.99

14. Scotty Atlas macrumors newbie

Scotty Atlas

+1 for tweetbot. From the visual design to sounds to overall ease of use. It's a great app. Love the push notifications from it.

15. gorgeousmiss thread starter macrumors newbie

gorgeousmiss

Thank You everyone I should try TweetBot

P.S. I had uninstall twitter that came with iphone, i didn't like it lol

16. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Neue has no push notification.

Not only does Tweetbot have it, but it's highly customizable AND has a way to shut it off for nighttime (adjustable).

My only really complaint. My HUGE complaint. WHY in the WORLD haven't they released something for the iPad?!

ugh

=)

PS - I sure hope they attack RSS soon. Reeder for Mac and iOS is my favorite there, but I'd love to support these BOT people if they'd just try...

Jacques

17. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I just use the official twitter app, it's free and does the job.

18. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

I haven't had a push yet but the fact that you can just touch the top to get to LISTS, which I just discovered by the way, is simply awesome.

19. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

You know, people that complain about Twitter apps not having push notifications... If you have an unlimited texting plan, you can set up sms alerts from Twitter's website. Those are just as fast. I labeled the number where the alerts come from to "Twitter" so when a text popup comes in, it's just like a Twitter push from the apps.

20. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I wanted to like Tweetbot, and I find it a pleasure to look at and use. But, it irks me that it doesn't support landscape (aside from tweeting.)

I have been a Tweetie supporter since the beginning, and as most know Tweetie became the official twitter for iPhone app, so i am just fine using their slick app.

21. Chromus macrumors regular

Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but the official Twitter app allows you to both retweet and quote tweets, so you can add comments.
    The official app works for me, it's simple and has all the features I'm interested in.