What do you think is the best weather complication?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Luba, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I have Dark Sky in the middle main complication window in Modular. It shows the high and low temp, plus sunrise or sunset time, and finally a short description. Dark Sky in theory is also supposed to be able to warn you with ample time if a thunderstorm is coming in your area. So I think Dark Sky is the best.

But I also like a backup weather complication. The Weather (from the The Weather Channel) has a percent precipitation with an umbrella icon.

Weather uses a nice yellow sun icon when it's sunny out. Otherwise, most weather apps are white in color and I use multicolor Modular. Would be nice to have more color in my watch face.

Any other weather apps you like. Sometimes I have a third weather app with the temp in Celsius so I can get a feel and get to know temperatures in Celsius.

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I think the consensus among Apple Watch users is Carrot app. Although I've never tried it.

I, too.. uses Dark Sky. I like Dark Sky ever since it launched. And I have Weather Live as well. I do have Living Earth, but I don't really use it as much.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

For me, Dark Sky, as already mentioned, is my favorite application. The developers seem to update this often as well.

4. jhagg macrumors member

jhagg

Carrot by far! It has the most options as well as fast and up to date developer support, he is also very active here on the forums.

5. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Storm. It's a free app and more accurate than the default weather complication.

I started using Storm after Weather Underground complication stopped updating.

6. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I got Dark Sky for my iPhone when it was originally released. Loved the accurate rain alerts. Then I bought my Apple Watch and Carrot became my favourite weather app where it sits as the main complication in the Modular face. However I still use Dark Sky alongside Carrot and Drops for precipitation alerts.