What do you think is the holdup, please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Freida, Jun 11, 2013.

  1. Freida macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #1
    Hello guys,

    what do you think is the holdup with the update? The chips are out and clearly they cannot be waiting for OSX as that would make no sense.
    So what else could be the issue do you think, please?
     
  2. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2010
    #2
    My guess is its due to the rMBP being recently updated in February
    Its only been 4 months. Im banking on the next update in July/August
     
  3. mac.ross macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2012
    #3
    There were also reports of low yields of the 15" retina displays last month.

    I'm assuming they will do an announcement in a month or 2 since they have the apparently slimmed down rMBP 13" which they wouldn't do in a stealth update.

    I doubt they will want to miss the Back to School event which ends mid September.
     
  4. bbishop93 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2011
    #4
    I think someone mentioned that the intel HD 5100 and 5200 GPUs haven't been released yet so apple is waiting, either that or like that Kuo guy said that they will be delayed due to the retina display. The latter is probably unlikely since they are able to ship them now I don't know why a new CPU/GPU would hinder the development of the displays for the new computer unless they're doing some design changes. Either way the fact is it's delayed and me and many others are pissed and I just am hoping to god it's released by August.
     
  5. NStocks macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2008
    Location:
    England
    #5
    Hopefully they will improve them so they don't Ghost like the current ones do.
     
  6. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2012
  7. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #7
    Why are you assuming there is a hold up, it could very well be that apple was not planning on releasing the Haswell based MBPs yet.

    Since apple is so secretive any talk about what it may or may not be is pure speculation.
     
  8. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #8
    Since MBA got updated and MBP didn't then I think its fairly reasonable to assume that there is a holdup. I don't think its something weird to ask about especially as no one is expecting redesign etc. Just new CPU's and maybe GPU but not much else (wifi perhaps too) so if MBA can get update then MBP could too so I was simply asking what could be a "possible" reason for the MBP not to be update along with MBA (like that wording better?)
     
  9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

    Apple fanboy

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Location:
    Behind the Lens, UK
    #9
    I expect the MBP to be updated in September alongside the new Mac Pro release. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new ACD at the same time. That way all the Pro stuff could get updated at one event which makes sense. Clearly the new ACD would be a 4K machine as it is now supported in Sea Lion (I mean Mavericks of course!).
     
  10. Shrink macrumors G3

    Shrink

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    New England, USA
    #10
    And therein lies the tale!
     

Share This Page