What do you think my iPad 2 is worth now? $AUD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hellomoto4, Mar 16, 2012.

1. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Hi all,

I am going to be selling my iPad 2 this coming week, now that I have bought and received my iPad 3. I currently own a 64GB Black WiFi only model. Although I have a rough idea at how much I would like to sell it for, I wanted to ask the MR community's opinion on how much they would pay for something like this.

A few notes:
    - The iPad 2 is new from Apple as at 17/03/12, never used nor turned on. (I replaced a defective iPad 2 today and got a new one from Apple) In essence, it's a completely new iPad 2. Paperwork of the swap would be supplied.
    - Original box and power cables included
    - Warranty is valid until around July 2012 (need to double check this)
    - A 16GB iPad 2 from Apple now sells for $429 in the AU store

Please note that I am not trying to sell my iPad though this thread, simply asking for your thoughts

Thanks everyone!

PS - This is an Australian sale, so it would be best to quote $AU. Because of this, I am predominantly aiming this thread at Aussies :)

2. lowey16 macrumors newbie

Well, brand new units (where they're still available) are $599 at Dick Smith. I'm in essentially the same position as you, except Apple (Chadstone) replaced my 64GB Wi-Fi model mid-Feb. I originally wanted $600 for it (before new iPad launch and subsequent price drops). No luck selling then unfortunately:mad:, then dropped the price to $500 and since then I've had a few offers for $450 which I'm seriously considering. Long story short, best case scenario, I'd say $550. $450-$500 is probably more realistic

3. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Awesome. Thanks heaps for your input. I saw the same model sell for $490 on eBay earlier this evening although it had been lightly used. I too would love to get $500 for mine then. Good to think that someone is thinking the same price range. A touch annoying we couldn't sell before the announcement though :(. Just a question, which platform are you using to sell on?

Thanks again

4. lowey16 macrumors newbie

I tried on gumtree, no luck. So I put it on a local classifieds page on Facebook as well as on several friends walls and got a few offers ranging from $350 to $450.
    Good luck selling yours!

5. lucky644 macrumors newbie

Technically, I don't think its a 'new' iPad, it's likely a refurb.

Might lower the value slightly if people care about that sort of thing.