What Do You Think of Firefox 3 Beta 1?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobber205, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I'm loving. I can tell noticeable differences in rendering speed. It also quits faster which makes me think it's nicer on memory usage.
    I've had it only for about 3 days now but as soon as mediawrap (if ever) becomes compatible, it'll be my full time browser.

Anybody else try it?

2. VoidBoi macrumors regular

3. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I don't like how you can't click on the favicon (the site icon next to the URL in the address bar) and have it select the entire field. :(

4. Luna C macrumors newbie

I'm having terrible problems with the bookmarks toolbar. If there's folders inside the folder it's impossible to navigate to the last level, which means that I can't reach most of my bookmarks. It happens in places to with the starred lists.

It's like it loses focus on where the mouse pointer is and jumps to another submenu.. kind of hard to explain, but it makes Firefox unusable for me until that bug is fixed. The cursor itself even changes (seemingly randomly over these menus) between text input, arrow and hand.

I'd even decided to try it with a totally clean install of Leopard, the only change was to set mighty mouse to a 2 button, and the only program added was Minefield (the Firefox 3 beta).. same thing happened. I'd even made sure to remove any peripherals for the install (before installing Leopard) so I know it wasn't my Wacom tablet, external drive or printer. Other than the RAM, this iMac was set back to factory default with a totally clean OS.

I tried it on my Tiger clone to, happens there as well.

Very frustrating! I love Firefox and can't narrow down why this is happening :( (There isn't any consistent errors in either OS X's console.log or Firefox's error console)

Anyone else have this problem?

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

my one and only grip is that 1password doesn't work at all..

6. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I agree whole-heartedly. I like how it fixed a problem I had with wmv streaming video (I have the latest version of flip4mac installed) that is open in one tab and that "bleeds" through and shows in the open tab in Firefox 2

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I'm really surprised they are still adding new feature after beta 1 ( rich search url bar as most significant one).

if there are changes you don't like, its better to goto mozillazine.org and see if the issue can generate some debate there.