Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
Try dragging and dropping. I was never able to do that with one hand until I tried the new trackpad!

Well I had 3 finger dragging enabled on previous version and it was way better than pressing down and dragging. I did the same on the Force trackpad!

wksj

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
Try dragging and dropping. I was never able to do that with one hand until I tried the new trackpad!

Well, you could have used Double Tap and Drag, or Three Finger Drag.

I always tap and never click, so it doesn't make any difference for me.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
I just got my 2015 15" today. I'd used Force Touch on a 13" in the Apple Store but now I'm using it at home I can give my proper thoughts after a few hours.

I quite like it. It feels like a real click to me, it doesn't feel like it goes down as far as the real moving trackpads but I'd say it feels about 50-75% as deep when clicked. That's on the "firm" setting. Feels nice.

The force touch part where you push harder to get a second click, that's really cool. Feels deeper than the first click does and works really well.

Overall I'm quite impressed. Very cool engineering. I wouldn't call myself a click purist or anything but I do like a nice tactile click to my trackpads and the force touch trackpad for me gives a nice assimilation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.