What do you think of jay Leno's new show?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, Sep 16, 2009.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

So Leno has been off the air for a few months after Conan took over his show, and now he has this new show. What do you think of it?

I saw it yesterday and i thought it was the same show he had before, nothing new. I liked Leno i think he should have not left because his new show is just like the one he left, so why leave? I dont think i will watch it, i dont have the time to do so and i am really enjoying Conan.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well I never liked Leno. I always preferred Letterman (and Craig Ferguson).

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

What they should do is do a single show that combines the various hosts and take the best routines from each. :)

Leno: monologue, newspaper goofs, Jaywalking.
    Conan: Triumph the insult dog and whatever oddball stunt
    Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Watched both so far and I'm done. Not even a chuckle. This show sucks. NBC is crazy for doing this. THey may get viewers but they won't get good demographics.

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

To me, Leno has always kind of been like reading the funnies section of the newspaper. There's nothing genuinely funny there, but there's something comforting about turning to the page and seeing all the familiar characters doing the same thing they were doing decades ago. Garfield is still eating lasagna, Beetle Bailey is still getting yelled at by Sarge, and so on...

7. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I only watched abit of it Monday night, to me, it's exactly the same as the old show, it's just on a different time slot.

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i watched monday's show... it was all right.... i'll record it for a few more nights... but when all the shows are back i won't have time to watch it anyways....

i prefer story shows (i.e. CSIs or useless (un)reality like: so you think you can dance, big brother, survivor, etc)

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm liking it so far, but then again I like Leno.

10. MrMoore macrumors 6502

They should rename it to The Night Show with Jay Leno. Besides the new set, I really can't see any differences between this and his old Tonight show.

Maybe over time it will develop some newer approach. I might catch it when nothing else is on or I have nothing else to do.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It is like the old show but with less identity and no real format. I think it will fail.
    NBC did it because it is a cheap show to produce. They didn't want to sink money into a hour drama. I saw numbers of 3 million an episode for a drama to $300,000 an episode for Leno's new show. So even if this show fails the network still saves money.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I thought he was quitting TV with the end of his stint on The Tonight Show. Then this happens. Someone please tell him his career is over.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Actually his plan was to move to ABC or Fox, they were ready to sign him until NBC got nervous.

14. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Leno on Fox?! HAHAHA! :D

15. glassx macrumors member

i'm still mad about no more 10pm shows on nbc because of his crappy show

16. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

but what was on at 10 p.m. on NBC anyways?????

17. Dany M macrumors 6502

LAO: SVU is no on Tuesdays and I hope they don't have to restrict their show for the earlier time slot.

18. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

19. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Isn't it the same show as before...Thought it was rather cruel of him baiting Kanye into blaming his mother for the Taylor Swift incident.

20. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Leno's rusty, but I'll give him some time to warm up.

I did laugh more at Conan's first episode, but the awkwardness was there on both.

21. Surely Guest

Surely

The show both sucks and blows.

He seems like a nice guy and all, but the show is just not entertaining to me.

Perhaps if I were 30 years older I would find him funny......

OP, perhaps a poll would be in order for this thread?

22. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I really liked Jay and his last show. I grew up watching him. I don't care for any other Late night talk show host except for Craig Ferguson and Conan O'Brien (on Late Night!- new show sucks). Jay's new show is so-so and I can see how I'd easily forget to watch it.

23. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

It was supposed to be the same show, just in primetime. Having said that, it still sucks.

24. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

i like leno unlike most people i know. hes a lot more funny than conan in my mind, especially during the monologues. Fallon is still my favorite though.

anyway its the same show just a bit longer, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. overall i liked it