Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Just a short video.

Spent around half an hour making it today!

Tell me what you think. I admit that the original footage wasn't the best for the effect but I think I did alright!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
pretty cool, how did you do it?

Well I saw the videos that had already been done on Youtube so I decided to give it a shot!

It's actually surprisingly easy to do in After effects. It just involves Motion Tracking your object and then reversing the motion so it has the x & y dimensions without moving the whole image.

You can then apply the distort tool liquify and parent it to the motion. Fiddle with the liquify concentration and you're done!

It works a treat!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Well I have added in some nice red horns

However on my computer its grey for a bit so maybe the upload has cocked up.

If it has do say and I will re upload!

Edit: I have now uploaded another version so no grey bits! Its linked from the first video!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I would also mask a shape around the eyes with a feathered edge and darken the eyes a bit.

P-Worm

I actually did but I dont think I adjusted the contrast enough, but I remember I did try it out however I dont think it looked so good.

This may have been before I changed the distort so I may have not tried it with the current set up!

Chris Rogers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
my house
sweet, what software do you use? What other types of special effects can you do with it? I'm just getting into making video of our 4 month old son.

Something like this, sure would surprise his grandparents - :D

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
sweet, what software do you use? What other types of special effects can you do with it? I'm just getting into making video of our 4 month old son.

Something like this, sure would surprise his grandparents - :D

It's actually really easy to do! I did it in adobe after effects and it's surprisingly easy to do!

I have also created several other effects which can be seen in this playlist!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Nice! WHOA! anything less expensive?

Well it can all be done in the trial so you can try it out.

FxHome's Visonlab studio is good for shooting and other effects and wont set you back as much however there aren't as many options!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
love that site, it's where I learned to do the demon face a while back :D there are so many great tutorials on vidocopilot.net :D

Since creating the effect I've latched on to video copilot! If only I had found it before! Would have save A LOT of time!

Anyone else got any Kramer examples to share? I've done the car hit, earth zoom and Im thinking about doing a disintegration or the healer next!

I've also made a short action film using the action essentials!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.