What do you think of my first article?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Rolfmaomachizli, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Rolfmaomachizli macrumors member

2. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

Is English your mother tongue?

3. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

Well, it's a viewpoint, but I think you manage to offend both early-birds and night-owls in one piece!

You say "Everyone knows you are more productive in the morning than any other time of day." Um, no. Some people are, others are far more productive later in the day (or at night).

Early-birds will probably equally take issue with the idea that you would be alone in seeing the sunrise - a great many people do!

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

General UI/usability thoughts:

-not being centered or right/left aligned with a text column is annoying
    -having an image larger than the column of text it's in is weird
    -I'd make the top bar (the rainbow) either thicker or remove it; it's hard to see that it's supposed to be there? I think it is?
    -the top image is cool but looks more like it'd be part of the site layout than the blog post
    -I like the stuff on the left but it makes the right side look really bare (this might be avoided with more posts on the "Recent posts" list)
    -bottom info is great, maybe a shorter description and slightly shrink the height of the bottom?
    -galleries page has a ":)" under the bottom bar ;)

5. Rolfmaomachizli thread starter macrumors member

English is not my mother tongue. I am French, in Year 12 of IB and have been in the English school system for about 5-6 years now. Is it noticeable that it is not my mother tongue?

----------

Thank you for the constructive feedback. No article is perfect, but I will make sure to correct this for future readers!

6. Rolfmaomachizli thread starter macrumors member

I will try to contact my theme designer and ask him if the rainbow bar can be removed. And all the other issues you talked about will be addressed. Thank you for the UI feedback!

7. ender land macrumors 6502a

Don't forget those are personal preferences in some cases :)

8. Rolfmaomachizli thread starter macrumors member

Of course! Of course.