What do you think of my iweb website?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by bertybottom, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bertybottom macrumors newbie

Hi, looking for opinions on my new website --

www.mdcapps.com

thanks,

Max Price

2. haydn! macrumors 6502a

It's not bad.

A few things I would look at though...

Try using iPhone 4/4S for you mock ups...they tend to look smarter than the 3G.

Also, I would try and format you content layout a little better. With it all being centrally aligned in one long list, it doesn't look as interesting as it could.

But overall, quite nice :)

3. bertybottom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your feedback -- I have taken both your suggestions on board and are changing the things now.

Thanks again!

Max Price

4. jwm2 macrumors regular

Personally i'd remove the grey background behind the phone, it will make the phone stand out more.

5. thinkpatience macrumors member

It's not designed well, but I guess works.
    Why is the e-Mail address not a link?

Maybe instead of putting random iTunes usernames as your testimonials, just use your itunes rating. As they are now, they come across a bit contrived.

6. bertybottom thread starter macrumors newbie

fair point on the usernames -- but how is it 'not designed well'?

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't put my finger on it, but the white space and the gray boxes make it kind of bland. There's no punch or anything visually to draw me in. It looks unfinished in the sense that there's really no visual elements.

The bottom gray rectangle almost looks like the page got cut off and I need to scroll down more to see the rest.

8. Benchtech macrumors member

Probably being over critical, but I would reccomending having the link as the whole button instead of just the text in it. I clicked just the button a few times and some users may dislike this.

Hope this helps,
    Ben.

----------

Oh, and I would also reccomend putting a favicon onto your server.

9. ipodguru22 macrumors newbie

In the about section, you use both "we" and "I". sounds a bit weird when reading it. Also, for your contact page you should implement a contact form. a good one to use thats pretty simple is formtoemail. its a good PHP contact form that I've used in a few sites I've built for people.

10. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Have you tried looking at other website creating software such as the native Hype HTML5 creator.