What Do You Think of My Rap Lyrics?

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
alex_ant said:
I am totally down with these lyrics, yo. They be totally pimping. Fo sho
Word, gee, aint into alot of gangsta rap more into rap which tells a story or chilled mellow rap like lost boyz style, remeber good rap doesnt need a whole lot of cursing.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
applegirl said:
It looks good to me...I'd say probably 75% of the battle is if you have the skill to make it SOUND good. Have any links to sound clips (do you rap or only write lyrics)?
I ATTEMPT to rap I will post clips when I improve, I'm only 16 so my voice isnt deep enough a lot of the time.

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Patmian212 said:
I ATTEMPT to rap I will post clips when I improve, I'm only 16 so my voice isnt deep enough a lot of the time.
Nice lyrics though. Kind of like the man in your avatar. Except add the story telling part

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Nice lyrics. Make a beat and put them together then post it here. I'd like to hear how it sounds.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
alex_ant said:
I am totally down with these lyrics, yo. They be totally pimping. Fo sho
lmao
as to the lyrics im not big on rap but I like some of it guess id have to hear it to music

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
If you are 16 why are you writing about being a veteran and war experiences? Just curious, I am not trying to be rude or anything. I would think most 16 year olds would rap about missing the bus and stuff...:D

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
nospleen said:
If you are 16 why are you writing about being a veteran and war experiences? Just curious, I am not trying to be rude or anything. I would think most 16 year olds would rap about missing the bus and stuff...:D
No its alright, actually in the end its not about a veteran at all, and the story isnt about me its dedicated to a friend of mine who is 22 and is going through a rough time dont want to get into specifics but its just ment to convey struggle and strife, I will post more lyrics later, also I have a beat for this song but how do I post it on MR any free hosting options?

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Patmian212 said:
No its alright, actually in the end its not about a veteran at all, and the story isnt about me its dedicated to a friend of mine who is 22 and is going through a rough time dont want to get into specifics but its just ment to convey struggle and strife, I will post more lyrics later, also I have a beat for this song but how do I post it on MR any free hosting options?
Okay, gotcha. Sorry to hear that about your friend. Open up garageband and get the song finished already. :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
nospleen said:
Okay, gotcha. Sorry to hear that about your friend. Open up garageband and get the song finished already. :p
Yes, and get working on the remix! :D I only listen to the remix. :eek: ;) :D

EDIT: Check out macjams.com -- they host garageband music for free, I think. There are others too...there's been at least one thread here with someone's music that was hosted on a Garageband-oriented site. :)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
nospleen said:
OT, but I had a dream I had to have my spleen removed last night, thanks to you, buddy. :eek:

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
iGary said:
OT, but I had a dream I had to have my spleen removed last night, thanks to you, buddy. :eek:
Uh Oh!! Maybe tonight you will have a dream about the Pulmonary Embolism I had after my spleen was removed!! :eek: Get ready for 2 weeks in ICU!! But, the good news is, you will live! :D

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
oooo sooo tight dawg we ganna pimp da house! :rolleyes:

I hate rap... Rap is crap with a silent c. :rolleyes:

But, I love rock. We all have different tastes :).