What do you think of Photoshop Express?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chuckles:), Mar 28, 2008.

1. chuckles:) macrumors 6502

Although i do a lot of work in Photoshop, and could never replace it with a Web App., i think that Express represents a huge leap forward for web 2.0 complexity. It also seems like a great way to access all of your pictures from any computer with internet, allowing for more options the flikr or photo bucket.

What do you think? Will it take off?

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

bloody slow crappy flash, flash is not web 2.0 its a web plug in, this is the sort of thing we need more of...http://demo.neximage.com/
    this supports layers and filters and is real web 2.0 not proprietry

3. atluten macrumors 6502

I think it's a great way to store photos and do some light photo retouches. However, after loading my entire photo library (~1300 photos) into the site it takes minutes after logging in to be able to see anything, so I think this will hurt widespread use until it gets fixed. Other than that, I found the actual editing to be really easy for beginners such as myself because of the visual elements used to portray changes made to photos, so I hope it becomes popular.

4. soctechnologist macrumors member

The troubling part for me, as has been pointed out elsewhere... is this section of the EULA- https://www.photoshop.com/express/terms.html

8. Use of Your Content.

1. Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed.

Don't think I'll be using as it stands... unless others have some additional information or clarification.

5. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

I also have problems with the ToU as it stands (although to be fair, John Nack's blog seems to imply this will change RSN).

What concerns me most is that although I wasn't really in love with the performance of Flash on the PC, it is -- unfortunately -- downright abysmal on the Mac.

If Adobe is so hellbent on getting Flash on the iPhone, a prerequisite should be for them to get comparable performance for Flash on OS X (similar benchmarks and resource usage to Flash on XP).

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

7. ~Kat~ macrumors member

~Kat~

If you're really lazy and unwilling to ever learn and you don't want to do anything other than minor editing then I can see the appeal. Photoshop allows you to do complex and simple things with better results. And some things can be done quickly and with ease NTM practice makes perfect.

The Use of Content is disconcerting to say the least.