Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Could you please advice me for a GOOD case like those above? (same style)
Thanks!

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Could you please advice me for a GOOD case like those above? (same style)
Thanks!

depends, how important is the rotating aspect for you? if you're fine with landscape mode then you have a ton of other options out there, if you need one that does both landscape and portrait, there's 4 that seem very interesting.

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Could you name the modles please?
for both rotating and not

Thanks a lot for your help
on monday i'm getting my new (and first) iPad and cover :)

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Could you name the modles please?
for both rotating and not

Thanks a lot for your help
on monday i'm getting my new (and first) iPad and cover :)

rotating models that got high reviews

Devicewear Detour (very similar to the Targus but you don't have that exposed hole in the back and higher quality feeling)

Joy Factory FolioIII 360 (just released, ipad3 version review still out but the 2 was highly regarded) Its cool in that you could detach the shell from the case when you don't need the folio, and stick it onto other joy factory products such as stands, etc

keep in mind that rotating folios may not be popular with some as they can add quite a bit of thickness and weight. Thus these two options for some one who wants something thinner

Ozaki icoat slim-y++ (a cover that's origami style so when you bend it back you can do landscape or portrait mode like those rotating folios. Ozaki has many models but it has to be the Y++ with double pluses, which is the better one of their line up)

Moshi Versacover (similar to Ozaki, but some slight differences)

both of these have nice reviews. see Pittsdriver and dieburnbot posts in this page (or page 2).

as for non rotating cases and folios.. there are a ton out there and really hard to pick out one that's best for you.. some are very rugged, but also thick and heavy, others are very light and thin but don't offer as good protection. so many to choose from. It also depends on your budget too, some people are willing to spend alot for a case, others not so much.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I bought this for $15 at amazon

Works great for me

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342330402.951139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342330402.951139.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 147

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
TNX for the detailed comment!
As for non-rotating the budget is ~50$ for something not too thick but also protective.
I will buy it in Media Markt Germany

Thanks!

Cyhiraeth

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
It's a good case if you want the 360 rotation and are on a budget. It is bulky but for the price you really can't afford to be picky.

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I find that apple logo display behind the case too showy. Makes me feel uncomfortable carrying one. I'm currently using a belkin cinema folio that flies under the radar.

sbessel

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
I found this thread because I was here searching for a replacement for this case. In my opinion it is junk, and the support from Targus even worse.

For one we went through two of these before getting one with a magnet in the cover for the auto on/off even though it said the feature was there, the magnet was not. The replacement unit came and the magnet was so poorly placed the auto on/off worked randomly at best, and here is the kicker, it only worked if the iPad was returned to the proper place when closed. There is no indication of which position this is. The magnet is only in one location, really!? I tried to suggest to Targus that this be fixed and they said "they just don't care, if I was unhappy return the case" How much more could two good quality magnets cost?

Now here is why I am really here. While in the case my wife dropped her iPad from about 6 inches onto the concrete and the screen broke. It broke on two corners, it hit flat on the ground, no rocks or anything, a completely smooth surface. There is nothing in this case that wraps around or protrudes enough to protect the screen.

I have a Marware case (no 360 rotation) and it protects the screen with the raised edges that hold it into the case.

The Targus case in my opinion is crap, and if it were designed properly to protect the iPad I would have saved the $300 it cost to get the iPad replaced.

Thanks,

Scott

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.