What do you think of the header bar?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sonicrobby, Sep 15, 2013.

?

What do you think of the header?

1. I like it as it

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. It's alright

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Needs improvement

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I don't like it one bit

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Haven't noticed/don't care

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I think Apple is really struggling with this, no matter what iOS version, there always seems to be something...

In iOS6, the title of the screen is I guess cut off. In iOS7 the title and the "back" button are just too close together. It just urks me for some reason...

What do you guys think? Happy with it? Just OK? or does it bother you also?
    I hope they improve this in a future update

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dylzen macrumors member

dylzen

I like the iOS 7 one better. I don't like cut off titles and the new bar looks nicer to me. Anyway I guess they only have those two options, that is either cutting the title off and have more space between elements or make the font smaller and have less space. I like the last choice as long as it's not messed up.

3. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I don't like how on iOS it's just white, the same as the background on a lot of the apps. It looks like it should be part of the app, when really it's separate.

4. avanpelt macrumors 68020

A little OT, but in iOS 6, it always drives me nuts that the very top bar with the clock changes colors for no apparent reason.

Sometimes it's light blue and other times it's black. The Messages app seems to be the biggest offender. Often, I'll open that app and the very top bar will be black. Then I'll send a text and te bar suddenly turns light blue. Seems to only happen on my iPhone 5 (the bar is always black on the iPad).

Doesn't appear that this will be a problem in iOS 7, though, since everything is white.

5. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

This is due to the individual app settings. In the Info.plist for an app there is a bool to turn on the status bar colouring. However this can be overridden at anytime on any views within that app. There is a single setting on each view controller (each view) that can determine whether the status bar should be tinted or not. Sometimes this is left a certain way (especially when presenting a view modally from the bottom of the screen).

The reason for the inconsistency seems to stem from the adoption of this. It was a bit of a dark corner feature and as such developers really didn't embrace it that much. As for Apple apps switching between blue and black, that is something that they should have picked up on for sure.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

7. Joaolx macrumors member

Joaolx

If I'm not mistaken the color of the status bar changes accordingly to the top bar in the apps. Settings top bar is blue so the status bar is blue. They took this a step further in iOS 7 and now the top bar and status bar are unified and show no separation, unless running apps that don't use iOS 7 API, in which case it will look just like iOS 6 as well as the keyboard. The color of the status bar, in iOS 6, only changes in the iPhone and not the iPad.

8. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

I like how it's semi-transparent, almost merging with the app in Notes.

I wish all apps implemented it in this manner, but it's not even consistent amongst Apple stock apps.