What do you think of the iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prof., Sep 15, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I just got my 8GB touch and I think it is the sexiest thing on the planet (next to the iPhone of course). What do you think?

Prof. :apple:

2. iShak macrumors 6502

which planet you from?

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i'm really tossing up between the 160gb classic and the 16gb touch....what should i do!!!!!!??? what sells me about the touch is the wi-fi, but it would be good to have all my videos on the classic. i really want the touch 'cause of the wow factor and all that. please convince me to get the touch.

4. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Get the Touch! :D

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

hahah...done.

6. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

I had the 160 classic and it was super clunky. the interface is constantly spinning up the hard drive to grab album art. The click wheel is unresponsive. you have to really push as you scroll around. I just didn't like it.

I went back to apple store and traded for a touch. It's really the wave of the future. Finally having all my tunes with me was awesome but I don't listen to all my tunes. A couple smart playlisths and I have everything I like on my touch.

Think about it this way. on classic, you are paying for storage, plain and simple. That 1.8" 160GB drive is the most cost thing in there. On the touch you are paying for the processor and interface. The touch is much more future proof, more likely to get cool new features and anyday now they'll have the thing hacked for third party apps.

7. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Got my 16gb touch last night an i absolutely LOVE it. Cover flow is amazing, it doesnt lag at all, movies play like a dream and Safari couldnt be easier to use.

8. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I really love mine. It works perfectly, except that when you look at the screen strait on while watching a video, the blacks dont look right. When you tilt the screen at a small tilt it goes away. Something ill learn to live with.

9. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

i like girls better.

10. nowdsa macrumors newbie

Ever since the new iPods were announced on the 5th, I have been on the fence on whether I should get a Touch or the Classic 160gb. Just as it was mentioned above, the attraction of the 160gb was being able to tote my entire music collection with me. But then I started reading where iPods with hard drives have a huge failure rate (13.7% or something-a guy at my work has a 5th gen that failed with in the first year), so I started to think about the Touch more. Then last night I preordered an 8gig Touch from Target.com (had a 10% off coupon)! The flash memory seems to be more reliable and I cant help it, if Im going to plunk down $300+ on a gadget, I want it to be friggin cool. Im sure a lot of people think the 8gig is gimped, but I dont. I have retired the feeling that I need to bring my entire music colllection with me since Ill use the Touch mainly on trips or maybe to work sometimes. Plus the widescreen for movies rocks.

I feel pretty good about my preorder although reading all this stuff about the hiss and image quality has brought my spirits down. I really hope that its just people being picky and not a real defect.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention...the Touch will be my FIRST iPod!

11. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

How much video do you really think you need to have stored on the device? I figure 8 to 10 movies is enough to choose from, and then I'll still have have the space left for music. I'll just delete movies as I watch them, and then put others on. YMMV.