What do you think of the Macally FLEXFITPAD case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Mickeyinnyc, May 8, 2010.

1. Mickeyinnyc macrumors newbie

I know people have tried to compare it to the Belkin Grip Vue, ones $49 and ones $25, how is the Macally overall is it worth the $25, I love the Belkin, I find it very overpriced! and does the Macally have decent cutouts for the controls and speakers?

Thanks

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Downgrading to the Macally will make you feel bad even if the price is by half. It's ok if you're not planning on spending more money..

3. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

To my knowledge, Macally has not shipped a single unit of this product. I called them personally last Thursday, prior to the 3G's launch specifically to find out if they're out there in the wild and they were most definitely not.

I look at it this way: The Belkin Grip Vue is a proven product, probably 300,000 being used this very moment, they're available in multiple colors at every Apple Store in America, and it's simply not worth the $24 to take a chance on a Macally product that no one has ever used.

Stop stressing over $24. That's a movie and some popcorn. The iPad will last you 3+ years. Get the Belkin and move on.

BJ

4. sparkstsa macrumors regular

Incorrect. I have one that I bought from antonline.com and have seen some at the Mac Authority store in Chattanooga, TN. I am very pleased with mine. I got tired of trying to keep my apple case clean.

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I have not tried the Flexfitpad case yet but I will say I'm more than happy with the Belkin Grip Vue. It's much better than I thought it would be after using it for a few days. Holding it in the store did not do it justice.
    Can't go wrong with it.

6. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

Please confirm its the model seen in the photo above. And please post some close-up pics as there are many members interested in how it compares to the Belkin Grip Vue.

Thanks.

BJ

7. sparkstsa macrumors regular

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

It almost appears to be a little thinner than the Belkin in those images and the opening around the ports also look slightly more open.
    How does the material feel to the touch?

9. sparkstsa macrumors regular

Its not hard like plastic, yet not soft like silicone. It feels good in the hand and has some grip. I can place in my palm and turn at an angle and it doesn't slide off.

10. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Sounds like it feels very similar to the Belkin case. If I didn't already have the Belkin I would give this one a try. Much less $ and appears to be a good fit/feel.
    Nice pictures btw, very good shots.

11. jedolley macrumors 68000

It looks like several store are showing this in stock now. Below are some of the lower prices I found w/shipping.

Amazon - $27.32 w/Free Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Macally-FLEXFITPAD-Flexible-Protective-Case/dp/B003DREEUO

Buy.com - $22.24 +$5.49 for 2 Day Shipping: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=214974065

Provantage - $21.19 +s/h (my estimate was $5.45): http://www.provantage.com/macally-flexfitpad~7MGMA0CW.htm

I might give this a try through Buy.com and compare it with the one I have coming from Ebay.

12. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

BJ

13. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

The macally logo is ruining it for me. Good looking case otherwise.