iPhone What do you think of the new Notes app in iOS 9?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by striders, Jul 1, 2015.

1. striders macrumors 6502

I have used Evernote since it was a standalone app (no cloud syncing) and nowadays the iOS since to be bloated and less table. Hence I am excited to see that the new Apple Notes will support:

- Picture
    - Checklist
    - Sketches

I haven't downloaded the iOS 9 Preview yet, but if you do, what's your take on the functionality of the new Notes app?

I'd love to ditch Evernote and not pay the subscription fee.

2. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

I could never get my head around Evernote as much as I wanted to and tried. The new Notes is a dream. The new additions make it that little bit classier.

3. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

With the new Notes app, is there any loss of formatting or some other quirky bugs when you edit existing notes in multiple devices? I.e. create notes with checklist and font formatting in iOS, edit it in OSX and then re-edit in iOS, etc.

With Evernote, there are a lot of inconsistencies that made it hard to do so. Example:
    1). Adding bullet points for existing notes in iOS added a space after the bullet point, but this doesn't happen in the OSX version

2). I can change font color in the OS X apps but not in the iOS app

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I think it's really cool, I just don't use notes all that often in the first place.

5. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Quick questions:

1). Can you share individual notes with others?
    2). Is there a way to categorize the notes? Tags, folders, etc.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Yes you can. Do what you familiar to share it with all the ways possible.

At least you can organise notes through folder. But you need to install beta Yosemite and beta iOS 9 both to do so on both sides.