What do you think of this 550d Kit?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TaKashMoney, Mar 5, 2010.

1. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

2. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Grab a shoulder mount/SLR rig/or steadicam of some sort as well. But for starters this kit is pretty good especially if you already have a tripod. Don't forget to get proper mics down the line as well. T2i is such a steal.

3. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Well, how do they propose attached the Zoom H4N to the camera? For that, you will need a Hotshoe to tripod (1/4 thread) adapter - about 20$ - 50$.

The 50mm on a 1.6 crop sensor will give an apparent focal length of 80mm (1.6 X 50). I wonder if a better lens, though more, would be a Sigma 30mm. Also, the 50mm f/1.8 has a HORRIBLE sized focus ring that will be hindrance to getting focus on moving objects, w/o your fingers getting in the shot. Another reason why the Sigma might be a better option. Many users perfer the Canon 50mm f/1.4 for this type of work - good optic quality, smoother focusing,.. but the lens cost 330$. I've tried the 50 f/1.8 on my 5D mk II.... one time. After that, off it went, at least for video work.

Don't forget that with video, you will likely be doing manual focus, so a EF to Nikon mount can add all sorts of Nikon lenses to it from eBay. Moreover, the Nikon lenses on it while doing video will give you easier control.

4. Mike P. macrumors newbie

$14 at B&H
    http://bit.ly/aAMnV1

I have a similar one but it has a metal hotshoe connector instead of plastic and its much shorter.
    But that will get the job done.

TaKashMoney,
    I think thats a nice kit. Go for it.

5. TaKashMoney thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback!