What do you think of this app description?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by akacaj, Jan 6, 2009.

1. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

Hey, what do you guys think of this app description? Is it too harsh?

2. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

I have to say, it's a funny app, but no, it's not too harsh. Looks good to me.

3. KRAPPS macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Sure you want to call out iFart ... you did not with iBeer, rather kept it vague ... just a thought, you could just change iFart to fart

4. okaive macrumors member

okaive

I would rather do all those sounds myself or actually slap the person with my hand then look like a fool swinging my phone around.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I completely agree. But I think it would sound better "Uh oh, did one of your friends just lay a virtual Fart?"

6. akacaj thread starter macrumors regular

akacaj

I didn't really mean it in a way to call out any particular iFart App. By iFart i mean virtual fart. Just curious why do you think it is a bad idea anyway? I just thought its funny. Guess maybe I should change it.

7. KRAPPS macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Bad idea IMHO because there is an app called iFart and you are singling out this particular app ... I realize that was not your intention, but since there is an app named iFart (and an app named iFart Mobile), you are calling them out.

Sort of like if you had said - did your friend just drink an iBeer.

If you change iFart to fart, it should take care of the issue ... however it's totally your call.

8. Lamplighter77 macrumors member

I would leave iFart in there and maybe add iBeer too. That way when someone searches those in the app store your app will come up in there results...

9. akacaj thread starter macrumors regular

akacaj

I decided to leave it as is for the time being. I don't feel like I am calling out the iFart app. Specifically because I refer to the action of iFarting rather than the app itself.

On another note, i just got word from apple that version 1.1 is ready for download. Those of you that got the free promo codes please update before writing a review.

10. Stevenup7002 macrumors member

This is a very good description, It advertises the app well. :D