Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k4show

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hard-Case-Cover-...ries?hash=item3a4fbca72f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It is for a 32gb 3G. I want it to protect it from cosmetic and electronic damage and small falls(from waist level or so). Those are worst case scenarios, I generally take good care of my iPods(knock on wood). I have a silicon case now, but I don't like the look of it, or getting it in and out of my pocket. I do really like the look of some of those cases though.

Thanks

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
I agree; those cases look amazing. They almost look like they were supposed to be on the touch instead of the chrome back.

That's just me. I would get the case based on the color and look.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think that those will provide any protection from drops, even waist-level drops.

I used to have a plastic clip-on case for my iPhone, and there is no way it would protect it from a drop.

Other than that, it looks nice- trademark infringement and all.

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
I don't think that those will provide any protection from drops, even waist-level drops.

I used to have a plastic clip-on case for my iPhone, and there is no way it would protect it from a drop.

Other than that, it looks nice- trademark infringement and all.

I have to agree that hard plastic is not the best choice for protection from a 3+ foot drop. Nice color choices available there.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I have to agree that hard plastic is not the best choice for protection from a 3+ foot drop. Nice color choices available there.

Looks similar in design to the Air Jacket from Power Support. I dropped my iPod touch about 4 feet in that and it was fine. Just a few scratches on the back of the case, none on the iPod touch itself.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Looks similar in design to the Air Jacket from Power Support. I dropped my iPod touch about 4 feet in that and it was fine. Just a few scratches on the back of the case, none on the iPod touch itself.

It's really all about luck when you drop your phone. You could drop it again the same way, and the screen would crack.

It all depends on how much the iPhone gods like you that day. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.