What do you think of this photo?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by glocke12, Nov 7, 2011.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

2. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

its not bad the bonnet is a bit too distracting for me, I dont think its a genuine HDR, I'd guess at a single image made to look HDR,

There's a plugin called topaz adjust that would get you a look similar to this.......

check out this guy...he does amazing b and w hdr, Piet Van den Eynde not sure of his homepage but you can put his name into google images to see some of his work

3. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

+1.. too busy, hard to focus and hard to concentrate...

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Curious to see what it would look like in true color. But I agree with the other posters, it's not pleasant to look at.

5. simply amazing macrumors member

as far as the black and white conversion, i think it's a great photo. a lot of depth as far as yielding a lot of contrast. however, the photo itself is way too busy for such a conversion. the post-processing would yield much greater results on a simpler photo

6. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

I think it is an interesting photograph, but not necessarily one my eyes enjoy looking at. It's in your face.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's visually unpleasing on the eye, both of them.

8. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

9. hansolo669 macrumors regular

a couple things
    the border sucks - doesn't fit the photo at all, and creates another distracting layer.
    also the photo has far to many elements, it would look better perhaps with just the car in the frame.

on a more positive note i like the processing you have done, and i think the "gritty" "experimentalist" style really fits with what the photo _could_ look like. as is its a bit much, but their is potential, and it definitely isn't a bad photo.

10. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

actually it is not mine..it was on a friends FB page...just curious to see if I wasn't the only one who found it unappealing.

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have a friend who keeps processing his photos similar to this and they look equally as bad. He thinks its HDR, and to an extent he is right, but its HDR done badly.

Good HDR doesn't look like HDR, it looks like how you naturally see things. Christmas tree lights are a great way to practice an HDR technique. Try and get the shot so you see both the bulbs lit and the tree the way the human eye sees it.

12. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Man, truck (in background), and other vehicle (in foreground) are distracting, and the processing destroys any subject/background separation (especially with the reflection of trees/grass on the hood). Maybe that was the point, but as it is, it's just a mess, imo.

13. HarleyMan macrumors member

HarleyMan

One word comes to mind

Annoying

And thats from a car lover and a builder of many a 55 Chevy in his time.

Def. would rather see the original picture and in color.

14. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

lol..glad Im not the only one.

This picture actually makes me feel nauseous.