what do you think of this setup?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Funkymonk, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

11" air: this can be the cheapest macbook and for everyone at $899
    13" pro/air hybrid: I think the 13" air was a mistake. 11" should be the only air. This 13" could be thicker than the air and thinner than the pro with full SSD, i5 and amd graphics, and just all around much more powerful than the air. Just call it a Macbook :) $1199
    15" pro: powerhouse pro we have now with upgrades across the board $1599
    17" pro: a bit thicker than the 15" with everything and the kitchen sink. Absolute beast. $1999

All aluminum or whatever else apple plans to use ( carbon fiber or liquid metal) for every laptop. NO plastic!

Apple has has been about simplifying everything and making it easy for the buyer to make an easy decision. First thing Steve jobs did when he came back and it worked wonderfully for apple.

2. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

I like it a lot actually. Each one for a different market, simple and clear. Very Apply :cool:

3. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I like it but I would want options on the 15/17" models for CPU speed/Graphics memory.
    For example, if I currently want more video memory I have to basically order a machine with higher overall specs/more money just to get more video memory...

4. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

Completely agree with the no plastic, i had a 15MBP replaced with a gift voucher for comet for 1530 they had no 15's and opted to stick with a laptop

they had both the 13" editions of macbook and the macbook pro right next to each other!

there is just no comparison you can not put the two next to each other and think i'll take that one...

the only snag is the £££ difference for some people...

as i had 1530 then it wasnt an issue of price...but even then its £160ish...

and no one can argue that there is just something SMUG about sitting in starbucks/costa/various places and seeing all these people with there crappy Win laptop and then pulling out a shiny macbook pro...

i admit it - i've done this in the past just to p**s off people!!!

5. Funkymonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Of course. I'm assuming apple will allow upgrades.

6. Funkymonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

7. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

that senerio would work...but i dont see anything wrong with two options at 13" scale.

8. Funkymonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

After the latest rumors from cnet I think the future lines will look like

11" air
    13" air
    15" pro
    17" pro

All with sandy bridge and amd graphics. Before the end of 2011.