Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grumbler

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Hawaii.
I did this a while back for my school's morning bulletin. Don't be too harsh, as it was my first project with Motion. It's "inspired" by one of my favorite Apple intro videos (although admittedly there's only around four.)

Anyway, doing this taught me a lot about keyframes and 3D and cameras and how Motion likes to totally lock up and crash.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXBTfbCW7U

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Nice work, dude!

While it's (quite obviously) an idea taken from the Tiger intro video, it's impressive to see how you created it. I've been playing around with Motion a little bit, and still have quite a lot of learning to go. But impressive to see you've got a good start in using it.

budha

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
USA
Grumbler,

When you made that in motion, was it that long clip, or did you use short clips and blend them all together in FCP?

If possible can you give a quick breakdown of your workflow?

grumbler

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Hawaii.
Hi budha

I'm flattered! I made the whole thing in a single Motion project; my workflow was basically completing each camera pause -- where a new person is introduced -- before moving the camera again. The first thing I did was position the camera in on the x and y plane before adding in the text and pictures and adjusting the camera's tilt and roll and z-position. Then I'd mess around with the light. Pretty simple actually.

The shadow at the end is just a blurred gray oval.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Looks great. On that note, is your school name really the Rough Riders? Seriously? That seems too easy, what were the people who named that school thinking.

AVR2

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
Nice job for a first Motion project, but I do feel sorry for Eric, having his face out of the spotlight during his caption ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.