What do you think of this short Motion animation I made?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by grumbler, Jun 4, 2009.

1. grumbler macrumors member

I did this a while back for my school's morning bulletin. Don't be too harsh, as it was my first project with Motion. It's "inspired" by one of my favorite Apple intro videos (although admittedly there's only around four.)

Anyway, doing this taught me a lot about keyframes and 3D and cameras and how Motion likes to totally lock up and crash.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXBTfbCW7U

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Nice work, dude!

While it's (quite obviously) an idea taken from the Tiger intro video, it's impressive to see how you created it. I've been playing around with Motion a little bit, and still have quite a lot of learning to go. But impressive to see you've got a good start in using it.

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

If you want you could post it in this thread where people have been sharing their short films!

4. budha macrumors member

Grumbler,

When you made that in motion, was it that long clip, or did you use short clips and blend them all together in FCP?

If possible can you give a quick breakdown of your workflow?

5. grumbler thread starter macrumors member

Hi budha

I'm flattered! I made the whole thing in a single Motion project; my workflow was basically completing each camera pause -- where a new person is introduced -- before moving the camera again. The first thing I did was position the camera in on the x and y plane before adding in the text and pictures and adjusting the camera's tilt and roll and z-position. Then I'd mess around with the light. Pretty simple actually.

The shadow at the end is just a blurred gray oval.

6. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I wish I'd gone to high school in Hawaii. Very good work. About how long of a project was it for you?

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Looks great. On that note, is your school name really the Rough Riders? Seriously? That seems too easy, what were the people who named that school thinking.

8. AVR2 macrumors 6502

Nice job for a first Motion project, but I do feel sorry for Eric, having his face out of the spotlight during his caption ;)