What do you think of this website?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by shakeman0, Aug 10, 2009.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Hi, I just recently made this website http://www.chickenoverboard.com and was just curious what you guys thought about it. I need some comments on the overall design and layout of the site. I made it in iWeb and was wondering if it was pretty easy to tell that it is an iWeb site.

All comments and criticism is welcome,

Thanks.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

not a bad site!

you need a logo, the colours need working on, the ads are meant to be on the right (as navigation is normally on the left) and a few other things..

but im really loving the organisation of the links! its very different! nice job

and yea i can tell its made in iWeb :p

3. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Great suggestions I didn't think about the logo. Is there any software I could get to make a logo with?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hhhmmm not really, give "logo creator mac" a google and see what you get lol! maybe just a cool font or something would be nice?

5. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Lake_Blog,_Scotties,_Chickens,_Photo_Galleries-Chickenoverboard.html

not a good name for an html file.

6. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Yeah, I think its the only way I can change the title of the webpage from "Home" in iWeb. Is there another way to change it?

7. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I really like your homepage navigation. The top image looks a little too distorted and the adds on the left side are out of place there. The grey text boxes on the other pages are a little funky to me.

8. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Thanks:). I've been trying to find a different banner, but it's hard to find a picture that can stretch out to 1000px. Do you think I should use something besides an image for the banner?

9. eleven2brett macrumors regular

The best thing to do would be to crop down a large resolution image to the desired size.

10. m3kilpat macrumors regular

I recommend making your navigation available on all screens (aka the homepage)...the one that appears at the top when you go to one of the picture links.

11. Burnsey macrumors 6502a