What Do You Think So Far?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JackT06, Aug 7, 2009.

1. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

The first thing that comes to mind is a bad coffee that has been sitting out to long. Your colour scheme is not very aesthetically pleasing to my eyes though of course other opinions may vary.
    Personally i would go for less of a week of coffee look and perhaps try some different colour combinations. Adobe Kular is great for this.
    On a non aesthetic point of the colour scheme it is rather low contrast which will make prolonged reading difficult and may make your site unusable to people with colour deficit disorders.

3. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    The color scheme and the template is OK to me. The only problem is that it is not made by him...

I like the template, but I'd recommend you to try and validate it, in order to gain a better understanding of HTML/XHTML.

4. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

am i correct in that what the validator does is picks out all the errors for me?r

5. Maxington macrumors 6502

Submit your website to http://validator.w3.org/ and it will show you if it is standards compliance. Fixings errors will generally improve the display of the webpage.

Don't forget to check cross browser compatibility... it looks OK in FF but check it out in IE8

6. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Double check your spelling.... "Well Come To Jack PodCasts Twitter" Left column....

The design does need some help, and personally, I'm not a fan AT ALL of white text on black, it inverts/color burns my eyes and drives me nuts - I don't hang out on sites with this setup. Whenever I have to read a site with that setup, I just invert my Mac (Control + Option + Command + 8) so I can read it black on white.

7. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
  8. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Ye i ran it through and browser compatibility and most worked apart from the odd one. So i am guessing its fine due to the ones it didn't work on i have never heard of before :D