What do you think the data usage will be with the 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tacload, Oct 5, 2011.

1. tacload macrumors member

Do you expect that comparable use with an Android phone will equal similar data usage on the 4S? Or do you think that iCloud and Siri will end up pushing data use substantially higher for this phone?

The only reason I'm asking is that as a current Android owner who uses less than 1GB per month, I'd like to see if I can keep data use under the 2GB tier cap... or if the features of the 4S mean that I'm going to go over. While I'd like to pick up a 4S, I can't afford to be jumping up to a higher tier of data. I'm currently with Sprint, but (despite their unlimited data) I am sick them and their policy and price changes. However, if I can't fit into a 2GB tier, I'm not going to bother.

2. rmt5 macrumors member

I'm also curious about this, as somebody who has never used more than 600MB a month on Sprint... 2GB should be sufficient, no?

3. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

It's going to depend on how you use it. If you use icloud for everything you would normally just save on your phone, and you do it via 3G, you may be in a pickle. I would think that setting up everything to auto sync via the cloud would dangerous for someone on a tiered data plan. I have no intentions of using cloud services when and if I get a phone with that capability so I don't see it really affecting my data usage. Then again, I'm not a data or resource hog anyway.

4. tacload thread starter macrumors member

I'm more than likely going to be doing the same sort of thing with iCloud unless I stay on an unlimited data plan (or if after a few months I can better gauge what usage is going to be). Either that or only sync when I'm on wifi.