What Do you think the iPad 3 will bring??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by austinlallen, Oct 2, 2011.

1. austinlallen macrumors member

Just Wondering because it can't get much thinner and faster than it already is and i just bought an iPad 2 last week.

What Do you think the iPad 3 will bring???

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Record profits for Apple and their share-holders.

4. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Double resolution screen which will be fantastic for photography, engineering, science and medicine.

Faster processor, maybe more memory.

iOS 5

Perhaps a tad lighter.

Better quality cameras.

5. mizmellyjelly macrumors newbie

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Is the ipad 2 noticebly faster than the ipad 1? I've used the ipad 1 and it seemed quite slow and laggy compared to my iphone 4.

Anyway for the ipad 3 I'd expect the usually ram & processor speed bumps plus better cameras. I hope they add a "retina" display because after being spoilt by the iphone 4 retina display the ipad screen doesn't look nearly as sharp or clear in comparison.

7. 4zuresky macrumors member

I have noticed that my iPad 1st gen IS more laggy than my iPhone 4 too. And I actually have an iPad 2 at work that is used for deals and I noticed it it A LOT faster than the 1st gen iPad.

I don't know if they should/should not get the iPad 2 because half a year isn't that long. However, if you're dying to get an iPad, then definitely get the iPad 2. If you're on a budget, iPad 1st gen is pretty cheap and it isn't a bad alternative to the iPad 2 (if you can handle the minor lag from time to time)

8. Rubo Draco, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

Rubo Draco macrumors regular

the usual... more RAM, faster processor and Retina Diaplay.

but about design, I would LOVE IT if they remove the white (or black) frame and make it look like a full aluminium unibody. like if you were holding the MacBook Air screen.

9. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

doesn't matter. everyone will be getting the Kindle Fire 2 by then :D

10. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Either a processor upgrade or a display upgrade but not both. If both are upgraded it may limit the number of people wanting to upgrade to the iPad 4.
    I would prefer a display upgrade over a processor upgrade. Cost wise a processor upgrade is less expensive than a display upgrade for Apple.
    Ram perhaps a bump. Storage no bump.
    Camera upgrade is definitely needed. It's adequate but for FaceTime it could be better.
    Apple could really stick it to us by changing the connector format. That alone would rake in huge profits as users would have to upgrade their current accessories.

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

A6 processor and 1024MB of RAM. Possibly a more sensitive touchscreen (some recent capacitive technologies can accurately detect a fine tip stylus).

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

Apple don't like styluses, so I doubt your second point will happen.

13. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

People will own an iPad and a Kindle Fire. Two different Segments. :apple:

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

I'm sure it will be somewhat thinner... even though it is hard to believe. I'm also sure that by 2020 we will have an iPad which you can fold into multiple squares and put in your pocket or in your shoe or whereever... maybe iPad 3 will bring 2020 to us... who knows.

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I think the point Jobs was trying to make was that you should never need to pull out a stylus. That every part of the user interface can be easily operated through finger alone. I doubt Apple is so stubborn on the issue as to be oblivious to the potential audience. A proper fine tipped stylus could make the iPad more attractive to artists, students, businesses, and markets like China (where writing is actually the more efficient method of inputing their written language).

Besides, these new screens have other benefits too. Like working with normal gloves.

16. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

encore!!!!!!!!!!!!hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

----------

HOPEFUlly a finished product without compromise.... start out with 32gb and go to 64gb...... i would rather apple make an ipad every year and a half....

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

18. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Who needs a stylus to make a point?

Perhaps Apple will offer a side-service of gene therapy to allow customers to create a pointy finger or two.

19. brodas macrumors regular

A6, Double resolution, 1gb of Ram, better cameras. A 7-8 inch alternative with the resolution of the current ipad would be nice

20. TobbeT macrumors newbie

I'd say a little thinner since there were some proof of thinner batteries for the iPad 3 recently. Also higher resolution, better processor, cameras and RAM. No major design changes I think.

21. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

22. barkomatic macrumors 68040

23. aibo82 macrumors 6502

iPad 3 lol

It will bring you Siri because users will fall in love with it on the iPhone 4s! (in apples opinion)

A6 CPU

Same screen but thinner design

And called the iPad 2S yes!

IPAD 2Sssssssss

24. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

I can absolutely positively guarantee one thing it will bring:

all sorts of threads and speculation about what the iPad 4 will bring.

25. Moria macrumors regular

Re. Stylus.

If you want to use a stylus with your iPad/iPhone there's no one stopping you at the moment. Just make sure you buy a capacitive stylus and it'll work perfectly.