What do you think the new MacBook will have?

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
Skylake is a given, which should give 10-20% CPU performance increase, 40% graphics performance increase, and 1-2 hour extra battery life.

I think USB-C port will be upgraded to generation 2, which will double the transfer rate to 10 Gbps. I hope it will get a second USB-C port, but I am not placing any bets.

Also likely are aforementioned 720p iSight camera and upgrading Bluetooth from 4.0 to 4.2.

I think Apple will save often rumored Touch ID, Magic Keyboard key mechanisms, and Thunderbolt 3 for MacBook Pro.

tpr007

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Maybe when something about the imminent release of a new rMB comes out then it's worth discussing.
At the moment no such product exists or is guaranteed to exist soon.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I hope it will get a second USB-C port, but I am not placing any bets. ... I think Apple will save [...] Thunderbolt 3 for MacBook Pro.
As stated in the myriad other threads on this topic: adding a second USBC port would require either replacing the headphone jack with the port or a redesign/reshaping of the chassis to make room. TB3 on Skylake requires an additional chip to be placed on an already dense logic board, and thus would likely entail an internal redesign/reshaping. I'd rate both as quite improbable.

tpr007

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Hong Kong
At the time it was posted it hadn't been announced. Now that it has it is worth discussing. However, at the time, it was just ANOTHER thread about a topic which was already being discussed in pure speculative terms. OOPS

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
At the time it was posted it hadn't been announced. Now that it has it is worth discussing. However, at the time, it was just ANOTHER thread about a topic which was already being discussed in pure speculative terms. OOPS
It's all about vision, knowing what to discuss and when to discuss it ;)