What do you think this is? MBP or Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lyshen, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Lyshen macrumors 6502

So I decided to look at the MBP units on Amazon for fun... and stumbled upon this one. It seems like it is a Mac Pro QX but is depicted as being a 17" MBP.

Here's the link:
    Mac Pro QX

Now the funny thing is the item model number is MB350LL/A, which is 17" MBP... now note the shipping weight... 56 pounds!

What do you guys think? Only 2 units available from other sellers, not from Amazon directly. My guess is it is just an error entry.

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I'd say it was a macbook pro, because it includes the 17" screen, however from the title it looks like it has 2 Superdrives??

How utterly confusing...:confused:

3. dab3 macrumors newbie

Probably a MAC PRO since the user probably typed up the description, which includes all the Specifications of a MAC PRO model, but maybe used a Macbook Pro page as a template, and forgot to edit or didn't know how to edit that.

The weight is suspicious too though. 56pounds?.. thats a monster machine.

4. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Not really that crazy for a Mac Pro. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=348897

I agree with dab3, though. Sounds like the guy used a template and goofed. Send him an email to make sure though.

5. Lyshen thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just curious what you guys/gals thought.

Personally I'm not interested in purchasing it, as I am waiting for the MBP refresh. So just thought it would be interesting to share. :p

6. apple90 macrumors member

7. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

The title says 250 GB and the tech specs say 200GB. Plus all the other errors pointed out.