What do you use for PDF reading on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MrMister111, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68010

Got a few magazines in PDF, what do you use to read? I normally store them in Dropbox and that seems to have a decent PDF reader, or iBooks?

Not bothered about annotate or anything like that it's purely for magazine reading.

This is for reading on an iPhone 6 plus, and then if different an iPad air to.

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I love to use Documents 5 from Readdle to watch PDF files if i'm reading documents on my iPad. When i'm quickly viewing a file which is stored in an e-mail i use Apple's own PDF viewer. When i open a file on Dropbox or Google Drive this will also do fine for iPhone/iPad use if you want to check something quickly. When i really want to read and search in a PDF i love to use Documents 5.

I've also heard a lot of great things about FileBrowser (Lite) but i'm not using it much for PDF viewing.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

Thanks, when you say Apple's own PDF reader what do you mean please, iBooks?

I have filebrowser full version and it's a decent app

4. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

By Apple's own i mean that when i have a PDF attachment in e.g. Apple's Mail app i open it directly without using a third party app. I'm not using iBooks or talking about iBooks in this regard.

5. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

PDF Expert 5 from Readdle is free for a short time instead of $9.99 regular.

6. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded the app.

7. dyn macrumors 68030

Documents from Readdle is free and when you have PDF Expert installed it will recognise that and automatically enable all the PDF functionality in Documents. After that you can delete PDF Expert and only use Documents. Since Documents supports more filetypes than PDF Expert most people recommend to do that.

Another good alternative is GoodReader.