Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiritlevel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I'm having a lot of issues trying to backup my iMac _+ external drives to a Synology NAS using CloudStation Backup. It's like I've hit some kind of file limit (am backing up about 9TB)

CloudStation Backup says its processing and writing the files and all looks like it should be good but when I use File Station to look at the backup files on the NAS, nothing has actually been written to it in months...

Fed up with Cloud Station Backup now. Looking for another solution. Ideally I want something with an open file structure - ie where files are not wrapped in some container format.

What are the best options for this? I use carbon Copy Cloner to clone/backup individual volumes and that has been solid as a rock forever. thanks.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I'm having a lot of issues trying to backup my iMac _+ external drives to a Synology NAS using CloudStation Backup. It's like I've hit some kind of file limit (am backing up about 9TB)

CloudStation Backup says its processing and writing the files and all looks like it should be good but when I use File Station to look at the backup files on the NAS, nothing has actually been written to it in months...

Fed up with Cloud Station Backup now. Looking for another solution. Ideally I want something with an open file structure - ie where files are not wrapped in some container format.

What are the best options for this? I use carbon Copy Cloner to clone/backup individual volumes and that has been solid as a rock forever. thanks.
I use Time Machine to back up all my Macs to my Synology NAS.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I previously used Time Machine but I now use CCC. I just needed a few of the extra features in CCC, but TM worked fine.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.