What do you use to clean your iPhone screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Skippymon, May 18, 2013.

1. Skippymon macrumors newbie

Just wondering how you all get the oil and fingerprints off the iPhone screen after use. I find a regular micro fibre cloth doesn't do as well as I thought it would. Those little clothes that come with glasses seem to work well but I could do with a slightly bigger one. Any suggestions?

2. mckey macrumors member

I like these Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cloths Wipes I get at walmart......

Attached Files:

3. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I use a micro fiber cloth, not the nylon kind you use for lenses, but the cloth kind. I bought mine at bed bath & beyond. I use two to clean my phone. The first one I wet really good and wring out as much water as I can until the cloth is just damp. I place it in the cloth (like a sandwich) and use both hands to wipe both sides at the same time. Then I use the dry cloth to polish / wipe the water droplets off the glass. It cleans the phone extremely well. My phone still looks brand new. I usually clean it like this nearly every day. Just remember to use the wet cloth just slightly wet, wring it out good.

Todd

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I just use a Belkin microfiber cloth that i got in a pack of screen shields, it's actually one of the better ones i've used.

I have a bottle of Muc-Off that i use to clean both my iPhone and iPad occasionally as well

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I got glass.tr screen shield on mine, so I just wipe it on pants a few times to get rid of smudges.

6. chrscap macrumors regular

7. rgctx macrumors regular

I wouldn't recommend those, i used those for a while and noticed after time one of the devices i was using it on (glass screen), was actually getting scratches on it.

Those wipes are actually rough, let one dry up and you will notice it feels like thin cardstock paper.

8. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

Usually just a microfiber cloth or my shirt(my phone wears a screen protector).

If it gets really gross I use an alcohol pad followed by the microfiber cloth.

9. mckey macrumors member

You must not be familiar with carl Zeiss they have been one of the finest manufactures of expensive high quality optical lens in germany.Do you really believe that they would recommend a lens wipe that would scratch their expensive glass :rolleyes:

I've been using those Pre-Moistened lens wipes for years on my expensive rifle scopes and binoculars and they don't leave scratches unless someone was clueless and used the lens wipe after it dried up......

10. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

11. JonesyBrown macrumors newbie

To clean iphone screen

To clean your iPhone's screen, never use any type of cleaning solvent such as Windex or other chemical agents. Use only water.

Use water and a lint free, scratch resistant cloth (microfiber preferred) to clean your iPhone screen by dampening the cloth slightly and clean the screen using soft, even strokes.

12. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

breathe on my iPhone then wipe it down with a microfiber clothe...

13. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

14. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

My shirt. or the microfiber cloth it came with.

15. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I agree I use these and they're awesome!

16. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I use the breath of a hobo and the spit of an aids riddled whore. Then I wipe it on the arse of a mangy cat or flea bitten mutt.

17. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

The bug on your avatar always has me touching my screen to kill the bug!

I use alcohol pre injection swabs at work... then wipe it dry quickly with a paper towel. I have a screen protector on at all times.

18. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I think I know how that dust is surrounding your home button lol.

19. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I didn't think about that :(

I must re-evaluate my cleaning methods. :D

20. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I have a screen protector on my phone since I peeled the factory one off out of the box. I simply use my shift 90% of the time.

21. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Whatever shirt I have on and my breath. It's enough isn't it?

22. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

+1