What do you use to edit on your phone and/or iPad?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by stevo8, Sep 25, 2014.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

Been using photoshop express app and it seems decent, but wondering if there's better for simple editing on the go? Not looking for filters(no Instagram garbage), just a app that will give me the most control on the go.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

"Most control?" Not sure what you mean, but maybe Snapseed, Pixlr (now available on the desktop with a free version and subscription upgrades, BTW), and LR Mobile.

Photogene4 is sorta more filter oriented, but it does a very very good job at that, and works with RAW. Or Filterstorm.

3. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

I think the developer has stopped devloping filterstorm; his newer one is Filterstorm Neue (geddit?). It's really very good, much more intuitive than Filterstorm. It's a bit of a powerhouse actually, I recommend it.

Alex

4. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I tend to prefer Photogene simply because I think they did a great job making controls that are very touch friendly.

It gives good results too.

6. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I use iPhoto for iOS.

Let's face it, you really cannot do extensive edits on an iPad or iPhone. But for quick edits on the go, such as color, contrast, sharpening, iPhoto for iOS offers a lot.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I use Photoshop Express too. Photoshop Touch in comparison isn't very good. The thing I like about Express is that the filters aren't so strong like in other apps and yeah, the controls are very good.

I added Photogene to my Wish List just now for later.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

I use Lr mobile, but I don't edit much on my ipad/phone.

9. Ray2 macrumors 6502a

+1

10. JDDavis macrumors 65816

JDDavis

Snapseed.

I like it for editing photos I took on the iPhone. Haven't tried it for iPad as I don't take pics with it or load pics onto it.

11. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Snapseed is a good one for basic edits. Photogene and Filterstorm Neue are pretty good too and give you a many (if not most) of the editing capabilities found in Lightroom.

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Have been toying with Photogene since yesterday. Oh wow, I love it. Was pretty happy to find that it includes a dark mode theme too.

13. iTiki macrumors 6502

I'm using Camera+ for my quickie shots using my iPhone5 and posting something fast from my iPhone to Facebook.

Attached Files:

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

15. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The versions are a bit confusing, but Filterstorm works a treat. I particularly use the FTP upload on the finished edit.

16. eee36 macrumors newbie

Photoshop Express in conjunction with Photoshop Mobile for more in depth editing! Express works wonders in balancing highlights/shadows (almost like Lightroom on the desktop). I'll start up Mobile if I need to do something with layers though.

17. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

For on the go processing, I use Lightroom and Snapseed. But then again, I'm not editing my DSLR images on my iPhone. I use these apps for images I have taken with my iPhone.

18. The Bad Guy macrumors 6502a

The Bad Guy

Apple Mail app.

Keeping in mind most my clients / other people that are going to see my images are going to do so on a phone or tablet, I email the edit from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone, if the image looks how I want it to...editing is complete.

Save image to film roll. Delete from Apple Mail app. :D