What do you use to keep your Watch polished/scratch less?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pat500000, May 16, 2017.

1. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

it appears the Watch are prone to scratches, but what do you use to keep those scratches disappear? I just did a research and cape cod wipes gets those scratches gone. Any other suggestion?

2. Relentless Power, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Cape Cod cloths are likely the best option. I have used them, as well as other forum members and they do an exceptional job.

The Only other product I have heard of others trying, is "Mothers Polishing Stainless Paste", you can find it in any auto part store. I have heard reported positive results. I would use caution if you use it , because the past could get in between the crevices of the Apple Watch.

3. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

4. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I tuck my arm behind my back, or in front of me, when walking through doorways.

Pretty much the same way I keep from bashing my other watches on things.

Haven't polished it yet, though. Maybe someday. Meh. At this rate, I'll be replacing the battery before I consider polishing it.

5. lg251, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017

lg251 macrumors 6502

Just did a quick 10-minute job on my S0 SS (used Cape Cod polishing cloth).

Only one deep scratch still visible. The rest is almost like new!

Attached Files:

6. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

did you take a photo of what it was like before?

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Nothing.
    I keep meaning to polish it but have never got round to it. I just had a good look at it because of this thread and it’s got a couple of deep scratches on the top edge which you can feel.
    Perhaps it’s now time for that polishing...

0C57E3FD-B8A1-433B-853D-D7C23AA3C358.jpeg

8. jefflmorris macrumors newbie

I use Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. It is made to use on all metals. It works remarkably well. I have used it many times throughout the year to clean up my SS watch. A couple weeks ago I whacked the watch on a metal door frame. I was totally bummed because it left marks on the glass that I thought were scratches. While polishing the SS, for kicks I tried some polish on the glass (figured it didn't matter if I made it worse as I was going to replace the sapphire glass). Turns out the Mothers took off the marks on the glass. There is no sign that I did the damage. I think it must have been some paint that transferred from the metal door frame to the glass. I also figured I would take off some of the screen's coating, but there is no sign it did so. Water beads consistently so the coating is either still there or had already warn away.

Anyway, bottom line is I have had great success with the Mothers Polish.

9. lg251 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I didn't. But it was pretty beaten up. I've been wearing the watch everyday ever since it launched (S0).

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I found the easiest method for the Apple Watch to polish is a Cape cod cloth available on Amazon. It's easy and removes literally all scratches off the Apple Watch and restores the shine. Highly recommend.

11. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

With my S0 Space Black I took no special steps. Bashed it against cinder brick a few times by accident but never had a ding or scratch*.

*pairing it with the Space Black Milanese band produced a few micro scratches over time. Barely perceptible, however.