What do you use to protect your iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 10, 2007.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am curious as to what do people use to protect their iPods here?

I use an XtremeMac Microshield clear plastic case to protect my iPod, It even comes with a fake plastic iPod to boot. I must admit to flashing the fake plastic iPod around school saying "Look they make them so hightech, you can see right through it!" :D :apple:

Though what really gets me is how much of that $24.95 went to the making of the fake plastic iPod rather than the case itself.

Link below to the case I use with my iPod:
    http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/video/microshield/index.php

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Used iSkin with my 3G, worked but hated it. I currently use the ipod socks and they are amazing, honestly no scratches and is almost 6 months old. (bought it in mid november 2006, 5.5 Gen) Really those sock seem to not protect it, but they do, and they don't compromise design, others ruin Apple essence.

-Victor

3. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

iPod Sock. They are perfect for preventing scratches. Super cool as well.

Blue for my first gen Mini, Grey one on the way for my iPodtouch... If your interested.

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

ipod 3rdgen: xtrememac leather case, its in pristine condition 4 years later. (unfortunately i couldn't prevent the light from touching it so I got a few scratches on the back)

iphone: iPocket, came new with every pair of pants I own.

7. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i ride my iPod bare back. That won't be the case when i get my iPod touch, that baby will be going straight into an iPod sock.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

9. Trooperof3 macrumors regular

10. ordo1980 macrumors member

the best...

InvisibleShield, is it a bit ridiculous it cost's $25? Maybe... but with a Lifetime Guarantee, plus the fact that it totally protects the entire device against any and all scratches while not taking away from the form factor makes it totally worth it. Why buy a case or something like that when part of what makes the iPod so great is it's slim and sleek design! :rolleyes:

11. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Invisible Shield! Easily the best option, in my opinion, protects as well as a case and adds zero bulk. I took in my broken iPod video for recycling at the store (had it since it came out) and when I took the skin off it looked brand new.

12. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

I picked up the skin from BESTSKINSEVER.COM

Same stuff as invisibleSHIELD but the full shield cost me $8.00. How can ya beat that? Everyone keeps walking by my desk at working saying that I really need to get something to protect my video...i just laugh and show em that it already is :)