What do you use your iPod for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Strange Famous, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Strange Famous macrumors member

My iPod Touch sits around unused since I have an iPhone and iPad... what can I do with it? :D

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  3. Strange Famous thread starter macrumors member

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I use mine to play music, same as my iPod classics. And no, I don't have an iPhone, (never felt the need for one), and while I do have an iPad, I find I never use it - my MBA does all the iPad does and better…..

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I use mine for just music too. Recently I started to keep the wifi off at all times and just sync it when I want to add stuff. The battery life has been great.

6. SusanK macrumors 68000

7. repentix macrumors regular

My nano is my alarm clock and docked to my JBL dock all the time ;)

8. farmkittie, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

farmkittie macrumors 6502

I have an original video iPod. I think I got it in March of 2006. I also have a thing that Apple used to make that you can use to attach your iPod so that the music can blast through the big speakers. It's white all around except for the speaker cover (black). I don't remember what it's called.

I only use these when I'm outside doing yard work that takes more than, say, 3 hours or for cleaning the garage. That kind of thing.

I'm glad I have them but don't use them a lot these days.

9. frank.deale macrumors regular

10. repentix macrumors regular

True story, by the way do you sometimes experience the alarm simply going of at the wrong times and then erasing themselves?

11. frank.deale macrumors regular

Ha Ha - wouldn't be much good if it did that! I'm running an iPod Touch 2 with IOS 4.

12. repentix macrumors regular

It happens to me occasionally, mostly when setting a new alarm, running a 5th gen. nano 8GB

13. SarahCat macrumors member

iPod touch

I love the iPod line, and I wouldn't want to see it replaced by the iPhones. I have an iPod touch 5th gen, and love it. I use it for emails and slight web surfing. I mainly use it for my music, since I like to take it when I travel.

14. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

Games, Facebook, YouTube, Skype, iMessage.

I generally use it before school. For us teens who cannot afford a smartphone plan, the iPod Touch is a very good alternative. Since I got my S4 Mini outright, I still use my iPod Touch more than my S4 Mini - because the iOS experience is more fluid.

If you don't know what to do with it, pass it onto another family member (my mom uses my 3rd gen for mail / safari) or use it in an iPod dock.

15. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I use my iPod touch and iPod classic as a backup to my iPhone. When you travel or go places you can use the iPod to listen to music so that you won't drain your iPhone battery down. I think I might get a 5th Gen iPod touch so that I can use it to make calls. :)

16. 6r4ff3r macrumors member

Use my touch 4g to internet apps and some games. Dont have and dont need a smartphone..
    iPod Hi-Fi. I remember it costed 500 euros in that time.

17. farmkittie macrumors 6502

Thanks, I couldn't remember what it was called. Wow, I don't remember paying that much for it. I guess I did.

18. o2breathe macrumors member