Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
For me, it has to be more faces, and more customisation options.

How about you?
. the option to turn widgets off, completely (and to be clear, I'm happy for those who have a use for them, I just don't and I certainly don't want 3 ways to accidentally activate them)
. more options for double tap incl toggles for each
I guess that falls under customization, and there might be more when I think about it longer.

what I DON'T want: any type of genAI ...

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtattoo

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
- more uses for double tap
- automations that don’t require the iPhone
- more than two or three new faces
- install updates without needing to be on WiFi or have the iPhone nearby

Reactions: snapplecrisp

arc of the universe

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2023
i would like to see a neater, clearer way to control my Watch's settings.
given the intimate connection between iPhone and Watch (for notifications, alarms, etc), its somewhat understandable that settings are now strewn across several places:
- within the Watch itself
- within the iPhone Watch app
- within the iPhone Settings
it took me a long time before i felt i could really finely control it all. but it seems to be still too complex and it appears many people just live with consequences that dont fit their own situations.

i think one way apple could do it is to eliminate the iPhone Watch app entirely, and instead, house those settings within the various iPhone Settings areas. apple has always had a preference for certain menu items to never appear in menus unless the situation was relevant. apple could do this with Watch settings appearing in iPhone settings only if there is a paired Watch.
this would make it very clear where to look for fine control, and make it more intuitive about how the iPhone settings and the Watch settings overlap or override each other.

Reactions: cubodado

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I still struggle to get used wOS10, it moved around so many things that I had muscle memory on in wOS9. Things like that should not be allowed! More apps are buggy now compared to before on my aw6 - I'm letting this watch's functionality crumble and die with the updates and let's see if I ever get a new one. I'm a bit tired of Apples way of dealing with stuff now...

Reactions: tomtattoo

cubodado

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Being able to set in the iPhone Watch app everything that is available on the watch and viceversa (e.g. battery check, intervals setting, widgets,...)

Intervals for swimming (swim.com is a valid free alternative anyway)

Nap tracking.

alzxjm

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
Unleash the Action Button! It has so much potential:
  • Allow different functionality based on Focus Mode
    • If in Fitness focus, it controls Workouts and Segments
    • Otherwise, Flashlight, Shortcuts, etc.
  • Double Press, e.g. for Flashlight
    • The Digital Crown has single- and double-press functionality
    • The side button has single- and double-press functionality
    • The Action Button...does not.
  • Allow Shortcuts to change Action Button
Echoing a few others:
  1. intervals for swimming
    1. not just this, but showing me last interval pace, last interval time, etc.
  2. nap detection
I'm actually pretty happy with watchOS at some point. It works very well and is very stable.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
A recent rumor I read that can be in fact useful: drawning detection.

Drowning?

I'm not sure about that. Cellular signal propagation underwater is incredibly poor. And it's not like emergency services are going to get there in any sort of timely fashion.

Maybe you mean something else. Drawing? I'm not sure how that would be useful either though.

EDIT: I did find this. It's different to what I anticipated, more like a local pool side iPhone alarm notification system.

That would certainly help overcome the signal propagation issues and work around the emergency services response time issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: cubodado

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Maybe you mean something else. Drawing? I'm not sure how that would be useful either though.
One Adam-12, One Adam-12, all units please respond. Apple reports that a man with a sketchbook and pencils is drawing in the park!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

As for the OP's question about what I want in WatchOS 11; I'd like to be able to scan in the RFID access card (badge) that I use countless times a day to open doors at work, and use my watch instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.