What do you want most in the next iPhone update ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sychee, Jun 22, 2009.

?

What do you want most in the next iPhone update ? (Choose only 1)

1. Customizable Lock Screen

15 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Background Process for 3rd party applications

40 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Springboard Wallpaper / Themes management

24 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Flash support

38 vote(s)
    28.1%
  5. Java Support

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Enable removable of Apple native applications

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Gesture to exit all native apps (instead of relying on the Home button)

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. Satisfy already!

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. sychee macrumors member

What do you want most in the next iPhone update ? (Choose only 1)

-Customizable Lock Screen
    -Background Process for 3rd party applications
    -Springboard Wallpaper / Themes management
    -Flash support
    -Java Support
    -Enable removable of Apple native applications
    -Gesture to exit all native apps (instead of relying on the Home button)
    -Satisfy already!

Let's just hope that the update will be available to all iPhone generations.

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Flash 10 is releasing in October to makers of Android, Symbian, WebOS and WM phones:

Adobe gives Flash 10 target date

I don't think we'll see a full version (if any) on the iPhone, however. Apple doesn't like the idea of being able to run apps outside of their control.

3. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

You can get the first 3 choices right now by jailbreaking.

I want push email for all emails.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

At this point when it comes down to flash, I think it will be released for just the 3gs. If people disagree im sorry, but the 3gs has the best ability over the previous gen phones for the resources flash requires. It will take some firmwares and beta testing but I think we will see it eventually. Especially since the android is getting it how does that make apple look? The iphone is the iphones worst enemy.

5. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

6. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Oh god here we go again, how many more days until the next WWDC?

8. sychee thread starter macrumors member

Background Process for 3rd party apps seems prominent

9. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

None of the above. I just want to be able to set profiles for ring/text/email like I could on my Curve. It was nice to just flip to my night profile, which turned off sounds for text and email, but left the ringer on (no land line), or flip to my email-notifications-only-profile during a meeting, etc. And the ability to define what those sounds were, and add my own was nice. Nothing major, but after having the ability to do that, it's a bumemr to not have it.

10. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

11. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

I want the next update to include a fix in the signal strength of the 3GS. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or simply a software issue, but this 3GS signal strength is ridiculous. Sitting right beside a 3G with full 3G signal this 3GS barely gets a bar of 3G before switching to Edge or no signal. I've polled others in my area and a couple in Atlanta GA and they all agree that the new 3GS signal is low. Aside from that, I want an update that would allow cherry scented fragrance to pump from the speaker hole...niiiiice.

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Definitely not for the 3G -- but probably not for the 3GS either. The first iPhone capable of running flash well enough might not come out until next year.

I agree, once flash is out for the other platforms its going to put pressure on Apple--maybe. The caveat is that those platforms will need to run flash *well*. If I can watch Hulu or Netflix without much stuttering on Android or WM it will make me take a second look at those platforms. However, I'm skeptical that will be possible until the networks are upgraded to 4G.

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

Background Process for 3rd party applications

14. calsci macrumors 6502

calsci

I want the first three on the list WITHOUT having to jailbreak my iphone.

15. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

A better screen.

The current one's lovely, but a bigger, better screen is still one of the only things that would tempt me to upgrade and I still have a 2G.

16. actorkid macrumors 6502

i dont really care much about background apps and multitasking...i would much rather be able to put important things on my lock screen

17. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'd really like the ability to change my email notification. I can pick a sound for a new text message but not a new email? And, I can have the text message alert again if I ignore but can't do the same thing on email? What's that all about??

I'm sure it's been covered many times before here. I've had an iphone since launch but never really used it. The 3GS convinced me to use it instead of my BlackBerry and I'm loving it so far...except for email notifications.

Come on Apple. That email notification is so low...I can't even hear it in the car.

Okay, I'm done now... :D

18. rasher macrumors newbie

status bar notifications, and email notifications on the lock screen

seriously...just hire the dude that did status notifier and give him a cut...it'd cost Apple like $20,000, and they could make that back with the people who have been holding out because of it

19. uhhitsjames macrumors member

I'd like to get rid of the native apps. I barely use any of them. Flash would be nice as well.

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

There are no words to describe how much I want a Today screen that tells me my appointments for the next two days and other assorted information. It doesn't even have to be cluttered or that robust, just give us the option!

21. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I just want this to be the new iPhone.

32 and 64GB of space
    512 RAM
    iChat
    Front facing cam
    Notification light
    Bigger OLED screen
    Slightly higher res
    800+ MHz CPU
    Anything else that seems reasonable

Attached Files:

22. kayno macrumors regular

kayno

I hear you.. 3GS has not been out a week.. And the cycle has begun.. once again.. This should be an update thread.. not the next iPhone..

23. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I think a customizable lock screen should be at the top of Apple's list, along side the usual bug fixes.

I think we should also be able to customize our texting tones,hell, all the tones, just like ring tones.

I would love to see email notifications on the lock screen. Or at the minimum, notification icons in the task bar. I had that when the phone was jailbroken, it is my single most missed jailbreak feature.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Where is the choice for not having any more polls about features of the next upgrade when one was just released?:rolleyes:

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns