What do you want to see in iTunes X/10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, Aug 6, 2010.

1. celticpride678

With Apple's Music Event in September coming up soon, we can expect to see the next version of iTunes announced.

Could this be the version that goes 64-bit, Cocoa, organized media folders?

What do you think will be announced/what do you want in the next version of iTunes?

2. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

i would like to import a cd without it duplicating.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library (uncheck this)

4. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

More lightweight. It seems to get fatter and hungrier with each new release.

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Probably because it's not written in Cocoa.

6. cube macrumors G5

7. Fa7mac macrumors regular

Fa7mac

when you´re in a playlist, I would like them to put a shortcut the access the full Artist, or the album songs you have on your iTunes. There is an arrow near the artist name but it will direct you to the iTunes Store page of that Artist, I would like a second arrow to direct you to that artist in your library ;)

I often do playlist of various songs and artists to listen to, and sometimes when a song is playing, I feel like listen to that artist only and what I do? Music>Cross library to find the artist>find the album. A shortcut is always welcome.

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That has nothing to do with it.

9. UpDownAeroplane macrumors member

a totally redesigned interface. let's make it beautiful like quicktime x is.

10. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Strip it down to only tunes-related functions. Put everything else in an iMediaHub app, and a bridge app for iPodSync.

11. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Support for Windows 7 Libraries would be nice feature to have :)

12. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I would expect Blu-Ray support in iTunes when Apple include Blu-Ray Drives in their Macs.

13. AAPLove macrumors newbie

Agreed.

Just a music player would be nice. I don't see the need to be able to play videos in iTunes. What is the point of Quicktime?

14. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

I say Apple should rebuild iTunes in Cocoa. If they can do it for Safari (it's Cocoa, and on Windows), they can do it for iTunes.

15. BABankert macrumors newbie

This is exactly what I would have said. I want a lightweight iTunes and I love the idea of a media-centric app instead of trying to combine all these things into one app.

Integrated Last.fm scrobbling (I don't particularly care about the radio, I use Pandora.fm for that) would be nice, too. Maybe that way Last.fm could handle my usage of more than one iPhone/iPod without losing plays.

16. wad11656 macrumors member

wad11656

iTunes store to buy/rent movies(!!)...drag&dropping videos to device from iTunes...(being able to actually PLAY the videos directly from the iTunes app is not related to adding it to the device for playing, but still relates to the topic, s'pose)

17. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I agree with some of the others. Apple needs to use iTunes for music, iSync for syncing the device, QuickTime for movies, and other apps for the other functions of iTunes. I don't think it's going to happen though.

18. blurij macrumors newbie

iTunes random playlist

I can make a playlist in iTunes of photo albums and movies - but it will not work in shuffle mode and randomly select from among the albums and movies listed. IT FREEZES after the first selection is played if I select the shuffle feature. Otherwise it does play the list but in the order from top to bottom. That is the problem and hopefully some apple developer will read this. One can continue if interested . . . . . . .
    I know my request goes beyond iTunes features but iTunes is the only way so far that I've been able to make a Playlist of photos and movies.

OK - I am begging* begging* I tell you for* what would seem to me* ( ok I'm not a developer by any means )
    * but it seems* like a simple idea* -

*** I am begging for a photo slideshow* program that* is* truly* random .

* I can select* random in iPhoto** and yes it randomizes on the first sort, but when it loops back ( repeats )
    * one gets the same* order of pictures* of the initial random sort.

** I would like for* a* slideshow program to* re-randomize* every time the program** re-loops.
    ** Is that really hard to do ?* Is that why I can't find the feature in any* slideshow program or
    ** am I among the rarity with this request* ?

** OK - while I am in* dream mode* -* it would be fantastic if I could advance the real random
    * notion a notch further.*** iTunes allows one to make* Playlists.** I can list* a photo album and then
    * a* video and then a photo album** another photo album* and another video* etc.****
    * iTunes will then play* these** one after another.*** Ok that's good.* I'm grateful for that.

** But* wow* it would be* fabulous if* a* program* could** go through* such a* list** randomly !
    ** It would randomly select an album from the list to start* off with and then display the pictures
    * within that album randomly, and then it would randomly pick* the next album from the playlist* and display the
    * pictures from that album randomly.** And* WHEN I PLAY THAT* PLAYLIST OF ALBUMS AGAIN
    * IT WOULD GIVE ME A WHOLE NEW RANDOM ASSORTMENT OF* FILES FROM THE PLAYLIST AND
    ** RANDOM PICTURES FROM EACH FILE OR ALBUM* - and not just a repetition of what had played before.
    WHAT A CONCEPT !

* The slideshow program would* pick* one of the items* from the list randomly and then pick
    * the next* item randomly** until the list was exhausted* ( and hopefully not* re-running a* program once picked ).
    * Naturally once an album is randomly selected - the pictures within that album would also be presented in a
    * randomized order.*

** When I select* shuffle** in the iTunes playlist*** the whole playlist freezes* after the first* album* or selection is played.

I realize it might be difficult to* select and randomize from an assortment of* photo albums and movies.
    ** I would be happy just for the program to be able to* randomly select** just from a group of* photo albums* listed in a playlist
    ** or select* randomly from a* group of just movies in a playlist.**

** I have a apple cinema monitor set up* to* view* photos and it plays* throughout the day,
    *** but it sure is tiresome to see the same* order of photos* time after time.**

** Slideshow programs come with so many bells and whistles and those are nice
    * and we appreciate all the work and creativity involved - but in the end it's all a bit
    *tedious if the presentation* is always** same-same* without any* true* random spontaneity.
    ** I mean don't developers* get tired of* seeing the same pictures in the same order* every time ?

19. knidsrok macrumors newbie

A big plus for me would be for iTunes to widen the id3 tag categories that it recognizes.

It's annoying to have to cram the mood, occasion, record label, lyricist, involved artists, key, original year, original album, etc. into the "comments" field.

And don't get me started on the lack of available categories for a thoroughly-tagged classical collection...

20. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

21. NogbadTheBad macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

22. NogbadTheBad macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

You buy Video through iTunes, that will be why.

23. gilesybaby macrumors member