Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankBlack

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
Looking for Lucy Butler
That was one of the things that was sadly dropped in the redesign of the printing functions from Rhapsody to Mac OS X. Yeah, it would be nice to see that added back in... but I highly doubt that Apple would do it in 10.4.10... It is a change better suited for the 10.5.0 release.

Yes, you're right. It would be something that would be included in a major OS release, not a service update.

I'd like to be able to to launch the printer setup utility, select a printer, then click on "Print a test page" in the toolbar. That would be a nice thing, especially when one must deal with several networked printers.

Any reason the Mac OS can't have the best looking printer test sheet in town?

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
^^ Completely and utterly infuriating! The whole damn thing crashing when a network resource is no longer available is just absurd.

Fix it, fix it I say!

You know what puzzles me, is how Apple hasn't noticed this.

Do they connect to some share that doesn't involve Finder or what? surely they have ran into this problem. If they haven't, they aren't very good testers.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
Any reason the Mac OS can't have the best looking printer test sheet in town?
I'm not sure what a new test page would look like these days, but I can show you what it looked like before Apple removed the feature...

printing_01_TIFF_Image_20.jpg

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
The "2 finger" right click on the older Powerbooks. In Leopard there is support for this as I use it. I have been ctrl+clicking for years and years, so it only bothers me that it's not there when it could very easily be.

If your notebook has the hardware for it this will activate the two finger scrolling and right clicking, I use it on my 12" powerbook, and it works great, but I would like it to be integrated into the OS.

reimerd10

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2007
How about fixing the bug where fast user switching makes your screen color sync disappear.
I know there is a work-around where you open DM_Proxy but its a pretty lousy solution and is hardly permanent.
Fix it apple, fix it!

Retired
May 16, 2006
I know its due to good maths, but I don't like how Expose resizes windows of equal size (try by opening ONLY multiple windows of Safari)

FrankBlack

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
Looking for Lucy Butler
I'm not sure what a new test page would look like these days, but I can show you what it looked like before Apple removed the feature...

printing_01_TIFF_Image_20.jpg

Okay, but I was thinking of an Apple logo at the top, along with simple information such as the name of the Mac that the test sheet was sent from, and perhaps some eye-catching graphics and fonts.

Thanks for that link though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.